• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
think about it your hips are 2-3 inches wider than your waist this is why you size down 2

kit99bar

Reaction score
I sized down 3 on accident pretty much (the 29s really measure 31, but I needed a 33.5-34. Also note, I have muscular legs (23.5 inches) with a small midsection (30 around belly button). I should've gone with a 30 which would've been sizing down 2. Crappy pic attached:
Originally Posted by erdawe
Damn you guys must be stretching these like a mother... a 29 stretched to to a a waist that measures 34"? So sizing down 4, or am I missing something?

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I guess sizing down 3 seems a lot. Maybe on the rescues or something to give them a fit different from what they're intended. However, maybe it's me but I have a 30 waist and bought a pair of 28 NS's. They now measure 31" true size. They are still a good fit around the waist, but not overly tight. Then with some thigh stretching they aren't caked to my thighs, and are comfortable. I dunno maybe I'm just not the type to get down with tight denim.
confused.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those actually look fine to me, hard to tell with that angle though.

matso1236

Reaction score
Well i am shopping for my first pair of APC raw denim and i have a couple of basic questions that i would like answered before i buy them. Weight 185 but i will probably be in the realm of 175 in the next month, and i am 5'11. My measurements are 36 at the hip where i usually wear my jeans (3 inches below bellybutton), and 33 right above the bellybutton. My favorite pair of jeans is 17 inches across if laid flat, and it fits perfect around the hip where i wear them, dont need a belt or anything. I want a fit similar to this picture: http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4022/photo345xr4.jpg or just a fight bit more fitted then this one: http://i29.tinypic.com/14mzvwh.jpg Problem is that my thighs are pretty big due to being a powerlifter/oly lifter, so im not sure what fit would be the best (i can take a picture if needed). I was thinking of getting either getting the rescues in a 33 (or 31), or NC in size 34. Which if any do you think would fit me better, and give me a fit similar to the ones posted above.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
with discount codes factored in what is the cheapest site to grab some apc's on, my ns and rescues are worn to **** and I am ready to start on a new pair of ns's, looking to buy tonight but not sure which site to go wit

kit99bar

Reaction score
Farinellis no doubt

Originally Posted by pg600rr
with discount codes factored in what is the cheapest site to grab some apc's on, my ns and rescues are worn to **** and I am ready to start on a new pair of ns's, looking to buy tonight but not sure which site to go wit

biggreen

Reaction score
so, i usually wear a 30'' inseam, but the inseam on my NS is around 34''...do you guys recommend hemming them all the way to my normal length or maybe leaving them around 32'' to get a little stacking/allotting for whatever shrinkage there may be on the leg when i wash them?

fosho78

Reaction score
Anyone seen the latest issue of GQ? They have a whole spread talking about different kinds of jeans/jean fits where they talk to designers about their favorite jeans, and Jean Touitou (founder of APC) is listed under "classic." In the little blurb next to his picture, he says that he sizes UP one on his New Standards and wears them a little baggier. That's very interesting.

Anyone here ever size down just one or sized up one on the New Standard? If so, do you have fit pics?

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fosho78
Anyone seen the latest issue of GQ? They have a whole spread talking about different kinds of jeans/jean fits where they talk to designers about their favorite jeans, and Jean Touitou (founder of APC) is listed under "classic." In the little blurb next to his picture, he says that he sizes UP one on his New Standards and wears them a little baggier. That's very interesting.

Anyone here ever size down just one or sized up one on the New Standard? If so, do you have fit pics?

Is the article online also?

fosho78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
Is the article online also?

Not that I know of. It's in the September 08 issue, with James Franco on the cover.

chrono -- I know F2B's aesthetic is a slightly looser look. I like a lot of your fits, how do you wear New Standards, if at all? I ask because I bought a pair of 28s and they were just a bit too tight (even after 6 months of stretching), so I'm considering sizing down 1 for a slim/relaxed look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads