A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

any pics of your fit or f2b?
    I wonder when the guy said "true to size or up one size" if he might have possibly meant the measured size?

Not that I know of. It's in the September 08 issue, with James Franco on the cover.

chrono -- I know F2B's aesthetic is a slightly looser look. I like a lot of your fits, how do you wear New Standards, if at all? I ask because I bought a pair of 28s and they were just a bit too tight (even after 6 months of stretching), so I'm considering sizing down 1 for a slim/relaxed look.

2. EdenResident

EdenResident Senior member

Does the black NS stretch the same amount as the indigo NS?

3. bure

bure Senior member

chrono -- I know F2B's aesthetic is a slightly looser look. I like a lot of your fits, how do you wear New Standards, if at all? I ask because I bought a pair of 28s and they were just a bit too tight (even after 6 months of stretching), so I'm considering sizing down 1 for a slim/relaxed look.

hey, i had the exact same problem, bought 28s and they're too tight in the crotch, seat, and thigh... I'm thinking of sizing to a 30. I just measured my true waist again and it's a bit under ~32", though not sure if i'm measuring it right.
    I tried on 30s at the store and they fit nicely but the waist wasn't exactly tight... still, I think i'll get these. let me know what you decide..
    btw i'm 5'8" 165lbs, i play hockey so i have relatively large thighs and seat.. really hope the 30 ends up fitting well... i hate the idea of getting a second pair of apc ns when i haven't even washed mine yet!

i would kind of rather get jeans with different detailing than the apc ns i already have... any suggestions?

also, is there a way to wash my 28 apc ns to get them to loosen up more and give more room? a cold soak and then wear them right away to stretch? or will they just stretch to what they already have... i've had them for 7 months already

thanks

Farinellis no doubt

you say farinellis have the best price but do they even have a discount code? they charge $155..

4. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

send a PM to mauro or emily for the discount

5. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Anyone seen the latest issue of GQ? They have a whole spread talking about different kinds of jeans/jean fits where they talk to designers about their favorite jeans, and Jean Touitou (founder of APC) is listed under "classic." In the little blurb next to his picture, he says that he sizes UP one on his New Standards and wears them a little baggier. That's very interesting. Anyone here ever size down just one or sized up one on the New Standard? If so, do you have fit pics?
    I have this issue and saw this. I thought it was pretty interesting. It only goes to show how versatile the New Standard jean is. You can do the same sort of thing with 501s. I sized down one on my NS. I usually wear a 34 and I bought a 33. I could get into the 32 with some effort, but I don't wear my jeans nearly as tight as some of you do and that's not the look that I'm going for. the 33s have stretched out a bit, but aren't really "baggy" at all (or at least not by my standards). I'll try to take a fit pic sometime soon, but I don't have a digital camera.
    Does the black NS stretch the same amount as the indigo NS?
    I would also like to know the answer to this question. Anyone have a fit pic of black NS?

6. repressedm

repressedm Senior member

very interesting bassmanpatsfan

i really like my 501 stf fit, I wear a 34 x 34 and have soaked it multiple times in warm water

I also want to wear my apcs soaked, not dry

what size should i get?

I wear 33x32 for chinos

7. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

very interesting bassmanpatsfan

i really like my 501 stf fit, I wear a 34 x 34 and have soaked it multiple times in warm water

I also want to wear my apcs soaked, not dry

what size should i get?

I wear 33x32 for chinos

I'm certainly not the one to be asking about this (I don't know if that was your intention). In my case, I usually buy a 34 waist in pants (occasionally a 33) and I went with the 33 in the APCs. I haven't had them long (a month?? not sure), but I'm happy so far. I actually washed them once with woolite dark right when I bought them and they are now comfortable, fitted but not too tight, and still pretty dark. I don't plan on washing them again for a while.

8. brohymn

brohymn Senior member

Black APC NS stretch just like their indigo counterparts. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise.

9. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Black APC NS stretch just like their indigo counterparts. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise.

I dont know whether that is true or not because I dont own a pair but I can say that I have tried them on and the ones I tried were not vanity sized, a 34 measured pretty much as a ttt 34 would so I would not recommend sizing the same way as you would when buying the raw. This goes for the grey APC's as well.

10. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

Quick question (that's probably already answered somewhere but there's just too much information) - what's the inseam of New Standards? I assume it's 34" but I've seen some other information.

Also, would you consider sizing charts at oipolloi and context to be more or less correct?

11. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Quick question (that's probably already answered somewhere but there's just too much information) - what's the inseam of New Standards? I assume it's 34" but I've seen some other information.

Also, would you consider sizing charts at oipolloi and context to be more or less correct?

context yes, oipolloi i have now idea about cm. but i disagree with their assesment that they magically turn in to a 32 length after soaking... I def. wouldnt say the length shortens that much but if you decide to get them hemmed I would def. wear em for atleast a month and if possible wait until after your first soak just so you dont hem them too short.

12. brohymn

brohymn Senior member

I dont know whether that is true or not because I dont own a pair but I can say that I have tried them on and the ones I tried were not vanity sized, a 34 measured pretty much as a ttt 34 would so I would not recommend sizing the same way as you would when buying the raw. This goes for the grey APC's as well.
    I think they are asking about how raw black compares to raw indigo. At least, that's what I was talking about.

13. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

I think they are asking about how raw black compares to raw indigo. At least, that's what I was talking about.

the black i saw were not raw so that is prob why

14. Chi-Town

Chi-Town Member

Ok, I have a quick APC question: I usually take a size 31 in most jeans, and I have slightly larger thighs than most from weightlifting. I'm around 5'7 - 140 lbs.

What size of APC New Standards do you guys recommend?

Thanks [​IMG]

15. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

if you went back like 2 pages im the same height and a bit heavier 155 with size 29. look at my fit pic

=Chi-Town;1302104]Ok, I have a quick APC question: I usually take a size 31 in most jeans, and I have slightly larger thighs than most from weightlifting. I'm around 5'7 - 140 lbs.

What size of APC New Standards do you guys recommend?

Thanks [​IMG][/quote]