• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Appreciation

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manton, I already posted my positive thoughts on your shoes

Just out of curiosity, why a bespoke job with the spectators instead of making your own MTO offering based on the London Lounge Limited Edition version?

Did you not desire an Adelaide spectator after all?

I remember you previously posted when Jamaican had fascinations of G&G bespoke.

I recall you mentioned bespoke shoes were great, but you felt it was not cost effective compared to a bespoke suit
Do you feel otherwise now or is this spectator the single bespoke job you do every 2-3 years?

lordofpi

Reaction score
Simply beautiful, Manton. While we're whippin out some lesser ones, here is my pair of AEs:

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I wear mine out to dinner in the summer with linen pants and a sportcoat, or even with a cotton or linen suit.

I like this version a lot.

+1 and to nite clubs (mostly jazz clubs)

these specs are beautiful

lordofpi

Reaction score
Indeed. Thanks for noticing. Made for the Barcelona '92 games. Sorry for some dirt and wear on the soles; for some odd reason, unlike some SFers, I actually wear my shoes.
wink.gif
rimshot.gif

IMG_0718

IMG_0720

IMG_0721

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Tomasso,

I am sorry that I once criticised you for being highly critical of others, while not taking the commensurate step of posting pics of your own stuff. While I think I made a fair point, it was expressed with your customary snark which -- I confess -- I deployed in a moment of frustration.

As I hope you have seen, I have refrained from doing so since, despite repeated provocations on your part -- up to and including your posting personal information about where I live and other matters, information that I certainly have not provided to you, and that you must have gone to some trouble to research.

This is a one-sided feud. It is not one that I wish to carry on. While I am certain that we can never be friends -- because I think you are mean-spirited jerk -- we can at least not be enemies, or if we must be, then let us be silent enemies.

Sincerely,

Manton

P.S.: While I consider Matt a friend (and I rather enjoy having friends), and think highly of his taste, in this case, the decision to order these shoes in this design was purely my own. That said, I see nothing wrong with accepting advice per se. I have often sought the advice of Matt and others -- some of whom I met through SF, others whom I met elsewhere -- on stylistic matters. In the end, I think that it is better to accept advice that helps one dress with good taste than to strike out on one's own and end up in a black suit, blue crepe de chine shirt, royal blue alligator belt, and matching shoes.

Originally Posted by Manton
believe me, I can take it.

rolleyes.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
It's rather cute that you have a man crush on manton
inlove.gif

You're my go-to guy for sophomoric homoerotic drivel.
wink.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
rolleyes.gif

Oh, I can take it, I just thought I would try to spare everyone else from having to endure your childish rants. Anyway, olive branch rejected, too bad.

You know, for a middle aged (borderline old) man who likes to come online and brag about his wealth and his celebrity lifestyle ("it involves Bill and Hill!"), you are unusually exercized about the doings of a middle class suburban nobody like me. Why is that?

Don't answer, just think about it in private. I hope you sort it out.

BTW, I see that you quoted (with a link) the original thread where I made my initial criticism. I can see that you are still taking that quite hard. I assure you that my apology is genuine. I don't even retract it in reponse to your ungenerous response. This is another thing perhaps you ought to think about: is it worth remaining so upset at criticism delivered on the Internet, one year after the fact, when the criticizer has apologized?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, you once said that it would be nice to have a bespoke pair of black captoes. This is sort of the other end of the spectrum, in the sense that, at best, it's a special-purpose shoe. Does the question of frequency of use (and hence "amortization" of cost) enter into your calculations with a shoe like this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads