• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some help with Rainbow Sandals

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get some Rainbows. Don't listen to these idiots.

oneblood

Reaction score
I'm against the purchasing and/or wearing of any flip flops at any time.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Part of the official dbag abercrombie uniform, you will fit right in.

Try honestforum, I'm sure your style will fit in better there since you obviously haven't read any of the threads here to even see what the board is about.

maxse01

Reaction score
guys if you can't post on the topic than don't post here...

I don't wear A&F. And I love Lacoste Polos in bright colors. You can wear them to the park, or even to a bar. Very versatile. I don't understand why you guys are not liking them...

Anyway, What do you guys think about the Reffs that I posted a link to.

In Black/Tan. I think they look better than the Rainbows. Comments?

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
they don't follow the general trend of what the board likes to wear, but I think they're fine. I have a pair of Reefs that I love wearing, and I've heard Rainbows are great as well.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
seriously, what's the deal?

i own 3 pairs of rainbows - its hot outside. i'm not going to wear clarks desert boots with my pbj's, if that, when it's 98 degrees outside. that's stupid.

if anything, rainbows are the 'classier' brand in the flip flop world. sorority girls in there RX300's, chanel sunglasses, patagonias, and status shorts don't wear them bc they're trying to look poor . . .

on another note, i'd rather be told i have douchey flip flops than be caught wearing $300 samurai repro's that have a 12 inch rise and even longer back rise, that make me look i have droopy drawers, and a $150 Pherrow's pearl snap that looks like you couldve bought the entire outfit at your local Sear's in the old man section - and that goes no matter what the temperature it is outside - now that's douchey

mbc

Reaction score
Those double stacked Rainbows are the most comfortable footwear I have ever owned. Who gives a **** what you elitist asshats think about them? Go **** yourselves.

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxse01
guys if you can't post on the topic than don't post here...

I don't wear A&F. And I love Lacoste Polos in bright colors. You can wear them to the park, or even to a bar. Very versatile. I don't understand why you guys are not liking them...

Anyway, What do you guys think about the Reffs that I posted a link to.

In Black/Tan. I think they look better than the Rainbows. Comments?

Again, to ANSWER YOUR QUESTION unlike some of these *****:

I got my first pair of rainbows from my older brother when I was seven....I've tried deviating from the brand but I've never seen anything under $100 even remotely as comfortable, durable, or good-looking. I doubt there even exists any real competition regardless of price range.

In the early 80s my brother told me that only he and his surfer buddies would wear the brand, but by 88 everyone but the most hardcore Fear fanboy would wear these come summer.

Just be sure to get double stack, keep in mind that they will become about 10 shades darker over time, and if you are going to wear them with pants: hem (shorten) them enough so that you aren't stepping on them.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbc
Those double stacked Rainbows are the most comfortable footwear I have ever owned. Who gives a **** what you elitist asshats think about them? Go **** yourselves.

Let me guess, you own crocs also?

I love how this discussion always cues all the flop lovers to come out of the wood work defending their passion for garbage footwear that doesn't have a place away from the beach. Also wearing them with jeans because it's "hot" is always a cop out.

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
ITT: a few people's opinion is taken as undeniable fact

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Jet seriously shut the **** up. Don't be bitter because you have Hobbit feet.

clarity

Reaction score
I never understood why people think it is amazing how comfortable rainbows are. Grats they are flip-flops, your feet are not confined inside a closed shoe. Duh, it's going to be comfy in hot weather.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This forum is where people buy a lot of very ugly **** just to look different. I mean, who else wears Iron Heart chambrays, button-up merino cardigans with chucks, and any kind of Raf Simons sandal?

OP: if you want something trendy wear boat shoes. Next year they'll be back to their classic status.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads