• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I just dislocated my left middle finger diving for a fly ball.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
update?

Dude, from here on out I'm just going to PM you about my Monday night softball escapades.

I've been playing entirely too much golf. This has ruined my softball swing - not keeping my hands high enough, so I'm chopping up on the ball. No HRs this week or last.

My defense was pretty solid tonight. Missed two diving/sliding catches. I think I dislocated my left middle finger on the first attempt. After that, I played left-center pretty well.

Anything else?

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
Dude, from here on out I'm just going to PM you about my Monday night softball escapades.

I've been playing entirely too much golf. This has ruined my softball swing - not keeping my hands high enough, so I'm chopping up on the ball. No HRs this week or last.

My defense was pretty solid tonight. Missed two diving/sliding catches. I think I dislocated my left middle finger on the first attempt. After that, I played left-center pretty well.

Anything else?

nice, sounds like a good game. you seem like youre having the same problems the guys who go to the home run derby do the second half of the season. but dont worry champ, kee your head up and the homeruns will come!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My mother finally called Social Services on account of my uncle and aunt. The former is an alcoholic/crackhead/neglectful bastard and the latter is a conniving ***** who has managed to decimate my grandparents' retirement funds (with plenty of help from her husband). They pay no attention to their two small children. Uncle called the house this morning and told my dad that "He'd be sorry for this," etc. My dad laughed because he knows my uncle is a coward. Threats against teh Connefam are not welcome.
plain.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently illiterate eBay buyers.

I've listed a bunch of old newspapers and athletic even programs rather than just toss the stuff in the dumpster. I didn't offer a BIN price, nor do I want to eff with international shipping.

At least four times a day I get questions from buyers asking for international shipping rates and a BIN price. I had one dude berate me — no belittle me — for leaving a bunch of money on the table. He told me he'd PayPal me $450 immediately for one item. As much as I'd like to take the money and run, it pisses me off.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Apparently illiterate eBay buyers. I've listed a bunch of old newspapers and athletic even programs rather than just toss the stuff in the dumpster. I didn't offer a BIN price, nor do I want to eff with international shipping. At least four times a day I get questions from buyers asking for international shipping rates and a BIN price. I had one dude berate me "” no belittle me "” for leaving a bunch of money on the table. He told me he'd PayPal me $450 immediately for one item. As much as I'd like to take the money and run, it pisses me off.
Rube...$450. Take the money!!!!

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Rube...$450. Take the money!!!!

Nah.
In spite of the b.s. that eBay pulls, I think most of the people on there are straight-shooters and expect the same from me. Ending the auction early and selling to this db just isn't right.

I'll let the auction run its course and take what I get.

I was going to throw the whole damn box away, so anything's better than nothing.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Nah.
In spite of the b.s. that eBay pulls, I think most of the people on there are straight-shooters and expect the same from me. Ending the auction early and selling to this db just isn't right.

I'll let the auction run its course and take what I get.

I was going to throw the whole damn box away, so anything's better than nothing.

Also, this sounds like a pretty transparent attempt to get you do to exactly what he's accusing you of doing -- leave money on the table. If he's willing to give you $450 now for one of the items, that's a pretty good indication that he or someone else may be willing to pay more than $450 by the end of the auction.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've listed a bunch of old newspapers and athletic even programs rather than just toss the stuff in the dumpster.

At least four times a day I get questions from buyers asking for international shipping rates and a BIN price. I had one dude berate me "” no belittle me "” for leaving a bunch of money on the table. He told me he'd PayPal me $450 immediately for one item..

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
If he's willing to give you $450 now for one of the items, that's a pretty good indication that he or someone else may be willing to pay more than $450 by the end of the auction.

Apparently, I've been selling the wrong things all this time.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People that smoke with their children in the car.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by playdohh22
My Kent Wang cuff links broke, due to stressing of the links. I try to take off my shirt without removing the links first.
plain.gif

Well, duh.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't wait to get back to my core curriculum. These political science courses are killing me. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORRRRRRRING!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I will never own a cat again.

frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads