• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's ok about the July thing but in August make a stop by IKEA or something, dude.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They had the canvas peacoat in a sick sick forest green and a super dope wrinkled khaki that I almost bought.

bruinesq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocostella
I've lusted after these for over a year, but didn't pull the trigger 'cause I was just sick of chuck's after wearing them off and on for 25+ years as my main sneaks. During that time their popularity/played out-ness has ebbed and flowed. Finally, after going through a couple pairs of Tretorns, Sperrys and German Army trainers I decided to come back home. The same model/color pictured above arrived in the mail today. I'm not ashamed to admit I paid close to retail ($80 shipped), because not only do they look dope... they're waaaaaay more comfortable than regular chucks. It can't just be the JV insole either, as I've experimented with every possible method of sizing and various inserts with about 10 pairs over the years. Not that my previous pairs were uncomfortable or anything, it's just that these.... ahhhhhh. I've heard some rumblings concerning quality, but I've had them from both the USA and China before and didn't really notice much difference. These were made in Vietnam. We'll see how it goes. The bay has 'em for less than zappos shipped in most configurations. Stick with your regular chuck sizing (or even .5 less).

I would have to agree that the JV versions are much much more comfortable. Not just in the soles, but all around. I definitely noticed a difference the first time I put them on compared to my regular version chucks.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
That's ok about the July thing but in August make a stop by IKEA or something, dude.

laugh.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
im concerned. i am going a bit insane.

i just got the pbj xx005 (as the 007 was out of stock).

the insane thing was, that after being told the 007 was out of stock, i got the eternal 864 on sale instead.

and knowing i had a difference to be refunded. instead of opting for a refund, i just went ahead and got the xx005 as well. like, oh what the hell.

crap. i am definitely quitting for the rest of the year.

skunkworks

Reaction score
shoe, you have a major denim problem.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thom browne contrast (club) collar and french cuffs striped shirt and alexander olch slim linen tie. total $190

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Damn I got the itch.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Damn I got the itch.

That's what happens when you are all over Ghulkan's nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads