Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Nuts in yo mouth? Or on yo chin?

2. onion

onion Senior member

Just ordered a pair of Paul Smith slim fit jeans. They are raw, and from what I've heard, should be amazing in quality. In fact, I'm sort of surprised not many people wear Paul Smith jeans on StyleForum.

The jeans are hank dyed, natural indigo, (selvage) denim is from the same mill as 45rpm, obviously MIJ, 35" inseam, made with chain stitching from an original Union Special, copper buttons, oh and did I mention I only paid $133 shipped (via the PS sale online)! [​IMG]

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!! Just got these and turns out they are NOT selvage. The site clearly states they ARE (the site says specifically they are red line selvage), but unless they cut off the self edge, then they are made on a standard projectile loom. I don't know what to do. The jeans were cheap and have a really nice fit and are well made, but I'm not a fan of non-selvage. Also I wanted to cuff these, which is now impossible. I'm so pissed right now.

I also called PS and they said I was the first person to mention the jeans are not selvage (wtf?). They also said if I put a note on it about how it wasn't selvage as described they would return my shipping cost both ways.... but I just don't know if I want to keep them or not. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. inviscid

inviscid Senior member

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!! Just got these and turns out they are NOT selvage. The site clearly states they ARE (the site says specifically they are red line selvage), but unless they cut off the self edge, then they are made on a standard projectile loom. I don't know what to do. The jeans were cheap and have a really nice fit and are well made, but I'm not a fan of non-selvage. Also I wanted to cuff these, which is now impossible. I'm so pissed right now.

I also called PS and they said I was the first person to mention the jeans are not selvage (wtf?). They also said if I put a note on it about how it wasn't selvage as described they would return my shipping cost both ways.... but I just don't know if I want to keep them or not. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

.... selvedge is overrated. [​IMG]

4. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Where did you get the details on those Paul Smith? I don't believe they have sold MIJ Red Ear (assuming that's what they are supposed to be) on the Paul Smith site in years. BiG is supposed to be the exclusive U.S. retailer. They even have a special run of the same jeans in synthetic indigo. Inseam on those is 37", as opposed to the 35" you see on every other Paul Smith jean (i.e. MIC Red Ear).

What was MSRP on these? The natural indigo MIJ should be over $500.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ some of the PS 'howgate wonder' jeans ARE selvedge, but the dry indigo ones are not. There was an off white/canvas colored jean in that series that were made from a red selvedge but retailed for $320

6. onion

onion Senior member

Where did you get the details on those Paul Smith? I don't believe they have sold MIJ Red Ear (assuming that's what they are supposed to be) on the Paul Smith site in years. BiG is supposed to be the exclusive U.S. retailer. They even have a special run of the same jeans in synthetic indigo.

What was MSRP on these? The natural indigo MIJ should be over $500.

Just a mistake on my part. The DENIM is MIJ. The jeans are MIC.

7. onion

onion Senior member

^^ some of the PS 'howgate wonder' jeans ARE selvedge, but the dry indigo ones are not. There was an off white/canvas colored jean in that series that were made from a red selvedge but retailed for $320
    God damn it. I would have happily paid more for the selvage over non-selvage. My frustration is mainly coming from the fact they said they are red line selvage when they aren't. I almost certainly wouldn't have purchased these with that in mind. (btw thanks for the quick response GS. You had a better answer than PS. [​IMG])

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I feel ya...I thought those were selvedge as well when I saw em on the website, so I went to the store to confirm (price just seemed to low) and sho nuff they were not selvedge. They also came in red which I think were also selvedge, as are the off whites....but it's odd the indigo arent.

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

^Just return'em.

Copped a pro staff 85 original st vincent.

10. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

I never saw on the site where it said it was selvedge denim. Just return them if you're not happy.

That being said, who cares if its selvedge or not?

11. clarity

clarity Senior member

Just ordered a rl custom fit polo for the fall in a white washed color with a gray pony that doesn't pop out much. The 'vintage' kind whatever that means. Guess it looks worn a little. Anyways, the end of the season sales knocked it down to 37 bucks. Not bad, and they actually had small.

12. onion

onion Senior member

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Mocha Drydens
    [​IMG]

Park Avenues
    [​IMG]

Cigar Alden Shell Chukkas
    [​IMG]

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist