• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
The idea is to order a first test shirt, make adjustments as necessary, then have a tailor for life.

Jantzen is awesome, but they can't read your mind.

brittain

Reaction score
well Im surprised and impressed.

ordered- 25 June
confirmed- 26 June
arrived- 9 July
CC charged- not yet?

First impressions are pretty good. the fabric is soft and easily as good as an OTR rack shirt at 3x the price would be. construction seems pretty good so far. the pattern is matched at the shoulder seams but not the cuffs. the did accomodate my slightly custom cuffs, as I wanted a 3" double button barrel cuff but with mitered corners instead of the standard rounded corner. Sleeves are a bit short, but I saw that coming, since I subracted an inch or so off of my numbers to accomodate for measuring a shirt with slightly long sleeves- my fault. I'll switch collars and buttons on my next shirt as well. I'll post some pics after a couple of washings and let you guys judge for yourselves.

brittain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heynow
you idiots just contradict each other.

I think most everyone Ive seen has said the same thing. that its a great shirt for the price, if you're willing to be flexible and patient. you have to just place your order and forget about it, and not be surprised if it takes 3 months instead of 3 weeks. and like just about any mail-order made to order, it takes a couple shirts to get the sizing just right.

heynow

Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

Anders

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
I think you got the concept...all wrong.

Regards.

+1, considering you had to ask that question and joined the forum last month.

I'll reiterate that your first shirt is a "throw away trial shirt". For each subsequent order, you make adjustments and get a better fitting shirt. Consensus is that the 2nd shirt is very wearable (if the first isn't already) and the third shirt should be pretty spot on. That assumes YOU make the proper adjustments. Jantzen is only as good as the measurements you give them since they don't see or measure you. If that happened with an in person MTM you could return it.

dboll

Reaction score
I got my shirt on the 7th. First impressions are that this is the best fitting shirt I have ever purchased. It may be a little on the tight/form fitting side, but I like it. The material is very nice and the construction is well done. I definitely will go for the thicker MOP buttons on my next shirt as I find the standard ones a little too thin for my liking. The only nitpick I have as of now is that I had asked for the extra sleeve placket button. On the right sleeve I got a buttonhole and no button and on the left sleeve I got no buttonhole or button. I think I'll forgo that option next time.

Once I post up some pics and get a few others opinions I'll tweak my measurements and place another order.

Yuppie Scum

Reaction score
I finally got my second Jantzen. The first one was almost wearable except for the collar which was a good inch too tight. For the second I also decided to lengthen the sleeves and the overall length of the shirt (the first had trouble staying tucked in).

The fit is definitely better on the second but it still needs some tweeking. It feels too tight around the hips, but not around the waist. I'm sure it can still be improved so feel free to comment:

Ordered 06/17 by website, confirmed 06/23, arrived 07/09

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pics suck, but here it is anyways. The fabric (prior to wash) is pretty atrocious. I put it on and got an instant hot flash; it does not breathe. I have a sneaking suspicion this is not cotton.
FORSALE681363632-1.jpg
FORSALE681363633-1.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Pics suck, but here it is anyways.

The fabric (prior to wash) is pretty atrocious. I put it on and got an instant hot flash; it does not breathe. I have a sneaking suspicion this is not cotton.

FORSALE681363632-1.jpg

FORSALE681363633-1.jpg

Who gave that shirt to you? Jesus you are fat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads