• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tanner Goods: Finally, The Messenger Bags....

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God damn, I feel bad for Sam. He's such a nice guy. My dad did this once but it grew back.

kontra

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Does anybody here know how to contact Tanner Goods guys?
I made an order two weeks ago and never heard from them. On the website it says that I need to give them 8-10 days for production - so thats my only explanation to whats going on. I just have to guess.
There's no contacts on the website. The automatic receipt email was sent to me from an anonymous address (which is messed up for a web store) and no one on www.hecklewood.com responds either.
Im not in any rush - just start getting annnoyed after 2 weeks.
Thank you.

johnny d

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kontra
Hey guys!
Does anybody here know how to contact Tanner Goods guys?
I made an order two weeks ago and never heard from them. On the website it says that I need to give them 8-10 days for production - so thats my only explanation to whats going on. I just have to guess.
There's no contacts on the website. The automatic receipt email was sent to me from an anonymous address (which is messed up for a web store) and no one on www.hecklewood.com responds either.
Im not in any rush - just start getting annnoyed after 2 weeks.
Thank you.

kontra, did you ever end up getting that order? picked up a wallet and belt, it's been about 10 days. how long did it take to get yours?

johnny d

Reaction score
hate to re-post but getting a little sketched out by Tanner Goods. Three weeks, still no word except that they'd send an email whenever they shipped it. Anyone have any experience with these guys? Have tried emailing, it's been a week w/o response.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ no worries my friend. Tanner are stand up guys. You have to realize every order is made by hand and takes time to make it right. I've seen their workspace and can guarantee they are legit.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I've ordered on two occasions from tanner and both orders took longer than advertised on the site, but arrived in great condition. Well worth the wait.

johnny d

Reaction score
The responses are much appreciated guys. Luckily, I received a response noting that my order had been shipped out...dying to see how the goods turned out.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny d
The responses are much appreciated guys. Luckily, I received a response noting that my order had been shipped out...dying to see how the goods turned out.

Pics when it arrives
smile.gif
And I'm curious to know how long it took to arrive from the date you placed your order. I've heard some bad things about Tanner on other boards.

kit99bar

Reaction score
there is a warning on their website that states it'll take 3-4 weeks.
I ordered from leathergoodsconnection and my order shipped in one day
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Odd Morsel
Pics when it arrives
smile.gif
And I'm curious to know how long it took to arrive from the date you placed your order. I've heard some bad things about Tanner on other boards.

Prosiddon

Reaction score
My dark brown tanner bag just arrived at the end of September and I ordered on August 15th so I would recommend that you guys just keep waiting. As for construction, the leather isn't nearly as rigid as the kind they use in their belts. My tanner belt felt like cardboard when I first got it but the bag is pretty supple and not nearly as thick. I will try to put up some pictures by tomorrow since people are interested. EDIT: I took 4 pictures if you guys want to know/see anything else just ask me.
IMG_0907.jpg
IMG_0908.jpg
IMG_0909.jpg
IMG_0910.jpg

johnny d

Reaction score
finally got the wallet and belt today. ordered on september 18th, so a little less than four weeks. that said, the stuff is pretty incredible. obviously very high quality, and the belt fits perfect -- i wear a 33-34 true waist in denim, and the 36 is perfect. of the 5 belt notches, i'm wearing the 3rd hole, making it a perfect fit.

the leather is feeling like cardboard -- i have obenauf's LP, think i should condition it now or wait a few weeks?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics