• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The EW Best Movies of the Last 25 Years

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
If I were to make a, "Worst Films I've Ever Seen" list, I'd say 80% of the movies I've culled above would be on there. I'm wondering if this was done by committee, or an intern just went onto IMDB and looked for a list of the highest rated films of the past 25 years. I particularly enjoyed films that came out not even a year ago ending up on the top half of the list and random goodness like In the Mood for Love somehow winding up on there. Entertainment Weekly: a pillar of American arts, entertainment and culture.
I will ******* fight you over The Bourne Supremacy. You can have the rest. This list is wretched.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even if you didn't view it as "art" or "pure cinema" (although I don't know how you can do that when Paul Greengrass is directing) the Bourne Supremacy was a fun, tense thriller.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I'll admit that I liked a lot of the movies on this list (well not Pulp Fiction, couldn't stand that movie) but I think the real problem is the use of the term "classic". I just don't think that 25 or less years is enough time to earn that distinction.

juicemakesugar

Reaction score

98. The Talented Mr. Ripley
97. Glory
96. Far From Heaven
95. In the Mood for Love
94. Full Metal Jacket
93. Ed Wood
91. Back to the Future
78. Terminator 2: Judgement Day
73. Office Space
68. Witness
64. No Country for Old Men
63. Big
48. Scarface
46. Children of Men
45. Rain Man
33. The Breakfast Club
32. Fight Club
31. Brokeback Mountain
29. The Bourne Supremacy
28. Wings of Desire
23. Memento
20. The Lion King
16. Boogie Nights
15. Edward Scissorhands
8. The Silence of the Lambs
4. Blue Velvet

These films suck?

Conrad

Reaction score
The ordering has to be all messed up:

One example, how did Glory come in behind:
90. Napoleon Dynamite
88. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
85. The 40 Year Old Virgin
61. Beverly Hills Cop
60. Scream
57. There's Something About Mary
52. The Naked Gun
47. Men in Black <---- (HOW DID THIS come before Scarface?!!)
36. Spider-Man 2
35. The Incredibles
2. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Now I won't argue too much about most of the others since they do have their individual merits, but that's just bogus. Plus, how did SP: BLU even make the dang list? I could spout off a dozen movies right now that deserve to be on the list even more.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I don't know about you, but Clueless is far superior than something like Bob Le Flambeur.
That's funny considering Clueless was basically a remake of Les Enfants terribles. I'm sorry for making fun of Bourne Supremacy. I remember liking the film's cityscapes.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that, though a bit &quot;by the books&quot;, this would be a good alternative top ten (in no particular order):

Brazil
Chungking Express
Do the Right Thing
GoodFellas
Pulp Fiction
Ran
Rushmore
Three Colours: Blue
The Wind Will Carry Us
Yi yi

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
Do the Right Thing and Ran aren't my favorite movies from Lee or Kurosawa, respectively.

Well, it's not my list, but what I think would be a reasonable survey of the last 25 years that would still manage to pander to EW's readership.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not my list, but what I think would be a reasonable survey of the last 25 years that would still manage to pander to EW's readership.

I didn't notice any foreign films on their list at all--

jerry34

Reaction score
There was a trend and still is a trend to hate the movie Titanic because &quot;it's just a cheesy love story&quot;, or whatever reason you may have. Regardless of your opinion, it's one of the best movies of its time, and the numbers speak for themselves. Back to the Future was also on his list of movies that were bad, which is a joke. Back to the Future is a terrific franchise, and will always be a classic. There's something about Mary is another great comedy. A lot of people place it in the top 10 comedies done in the last decade-and rightfully so. That being said, there were a lot of terrible movies in the list, but art is art. Everyone has an opinion.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's funny considering Clueless was basically a remake of Les Enfants terribles.
Wait, what? Clueless was Emma. Clueless had absolutely nothing to do with Les Enfants terribles.
I'm sorry for making fun of Bourne Supremacy. I remember liking the film's cityscapes.
Oh that is ******* it. Your taste in cinema is appalling, The Bourne Supremacy reminded me of Bresson, and Paul Greengrass is ************ mom.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Wait, what? Clueless was Emma. Clueless had absolutely nothing to do with Les Enfants terribles.
laugh.gif
I was kidding, but yeah, Paul Greengrass is probably ******* someone's mom.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads