• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRL in store

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whodini, they definitely pulled all the straight legs because of the Levi's lawsuit. I checked in my store a few weeks ago on 2 separate occasions and all the straight legs have been pulled from shelves and shipped out. The slim fits and slim bootcuts were all they had (with either the new back pocket stitching or no stitching at all).

Actually, if you take the little loop off it resembles the Levi's arcuate very closely. New straight legs (with the new hideous back pocket stitching) will be coming in at some point, but the SAs didn't know when. They said they had been told it would be two weeks two weeks ago.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Whodini, they definitely pulled all the straight legs because of the Levi's lawsuit. I checked in my store a few weeks ago on 2 separate occasions and all the straight legs have been pulled from shelves and shipped out. The slim fits and slim bootcuts were all they had (with either the new back pocket stitching or no stitching at all).

Actually, if you take the little loop off it resembles the Levi's arcuate very closely. New straight legs (with the new hideous back pocket stitching) will be coming in at some point, but the SAs didn't know when. They said they had been told it would be two weeks two weeks ago.

Yup, what he said. I talked to this lady at RRL in georgetown who has been working for RL for a long ass time. Seemed to know her **** pretty well. I trust her word.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Weird. So those were taken back but these survived???
130087258_tp.jpg
**** YOU, LEVIS!

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was trying to link that fugly pic but the Auctiva protection killed me. I hate that design. It's whatever though because if you buy in store the tailors will pick it out for you for free.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
130087258_tp.jpg

**** YOU, LEVIS!

Haha yeah I hate that design. We have a pair at denimbar washed. What I hate is the stitching just under the front pockets. They're about quarter sized loops in the middle of the pocket stitching going. It looks really feminine

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Haha yeah I hate that design. We have a pair at denimbar washed. What I hate is the stitching just under the front pockets. They're about quarter sized loops in the middle of the pocket stitching going. It looks really feminine
Yeah, the overly-western motif comes of as really feminine with all the lacy loops.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the overly-western motif comes of as really feminine with all the lacy loops.

I remember seeing some sick shrink to fits with cinch back... I like that

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
I remember seeing some sick shrink to fits with cinch back... I like that
Definitely. Saw a pair or two up on ebay a while back. If only they were in my size...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liquidators (which means ebay, eventually), destruction, or ripping out stitching (which gets you pairs with plain back pockets).

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
130087258_tp.jpg

**** YOU, LEVIS!

You could take out most of that new pattern with a seam ripper until all you had left was an upside down Levi's pattern.
cool.gif

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They'll probably leave a lot of the new straights blank. As far as the shrink to fits with the cinch back my sales associate told me they aren't really selling well at all. He'd heard that they aren't shrinking as much as it says they will on the instructions but nobody has bought a pair yet to tell them so it's very ymmv right now.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you tell if the RRL jeans are raw? Also how about sizing? I have heard sizing is really all over the place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads