• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mysuit MTM in NYC

ben220

Reaction score
In NYC, on Broadway between 32nd and 33rd, is an MTM place called my.suit or MySuit that I just noticed. I popped in today and they said they recently became my.suit and used to be called Cambridge. Their MTM suits start at $500 and are done in Mexico and Korea, and they have a turnaround time of 2 weeks. The guy I talked to said they were partially canvassed (actually I think he said 3/4). I'm not enough of a judge to be able to tell from the samples how the construction is. Anyone have any experience with these guys?

They have a web site: http://www.mysuitny.com/

ben220

Reaction score
I'll give this thread one bump in the hope that someone who is more knowledgeable than me will go check it out. It's in the east side of Herald square, you can't miss it, it's a big gaudy storefront.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walk past it frequently but i have not real input to give. I was never impressed by the store when it was Cambridge Members.

I saw this the other day, thought about it for 10 seconds and kept on walking. My guess is that it is similar to an Astor & Black.

While the suits start at 500, i bet they quickly escalate with any English or Itailian fabric choice. I would rather stick with the other well-known MTM guys in the city. At least i know what i am getting there.

They also offer the new york knicks 4 button special.
devil.gif

sublicon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zarathustra
I walk past it frequently but i have not real input to give. I was never impressed by the store when it was Cambridge Members.

What didn't impress you? Did you step inside?

Originally Posted by zarathustra
While the suits start at 500, i bet they quickly escalate with any English or Itailian fabric choice. I would rather stick with the other well-known MTM guys in the city. At least i know what i am getting there.

Do these well-known MTM guys in the city make you a suit for under 5 bills? It'd be cool if you could actually let us know who these well-known MTM guys are.

I need to get suit, willing to pay $500, and think the idea of getting something custom made as opposed to taking something off the rack seems like a really cool way to go. I'm usually an "off the rack" guy but I saw this place today on my way home and was intrigued.

I just don't want to drop a grand on two suits and find out it's going to be a big train wreck and regret ever going there. I'm not an experience suit buyer, but the place seemed cool.

Any help would be appreciated . . anyone who has experience with this place and can let us know how it was would be awesome.

Thanks

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped in briefly. The person I talked to didn't seem to know much about the construction of their suits or even where their shirts were made. Seems a little gimmiky to me.

sublicon

Reaction score
So I'm guessing there aren't any better options in the city at a comparable price?
frown.gif

ben220

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sublicon
So I'm guessing there aren't any better options in the city at a comparable price?
frown.gif

Mr Ned starts at around 800, that's reasonably close.

sublicon

Reaction score
I took the plunge. I went up there with my boy who knows suits, and he said the place looked okay. I got fitted, and we'll see what happens in two weeks. Wish me luck.
bigstar[1].gif

ben220

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sublicon
I took the plunge. I went up there with my boy who knows suits, and he said the place looked okay. I got fitted, and we'll see what happens in two weeks. Wish me luck.
bigstar[1].gif

Cool, I hope you post pictures!

sublicon

Reaction score
geoffsuit.jpg

$495 MTM suit . . thoughts??

The fit is nice, although I usually wear my pants sort of low, and these are designed for just below the navel (see the legs bunching up on the bottom) . . it's a fixable issue though, really. I'm happy with the end product, and will be returning for a navy blue once I get the funds.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped in there a few days ago. I was disappointed that they are unable to make a fully canvassed suit. I was very unimpressed by their display suits but I'm sure they could tone down their insane looks at the customer's request. I've never used TaT but I would order one of their suits online before giving business to Mysuit.

Sublicon's suit looks pretty nice. I'm not too fond of the shoulder "ridges."

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can't see too much in the photo, but it seems OK.
the "ridges" are called roping.
it is a fairly trim suit. wich I assume is what yu were looking for.
The half canvas is no big deal. at that price, it seems as if you have done well.

Carl

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not bad for $500. As an aside, your shirt sleeve is too short - it should show a drop beyond your suit sleeve. Also, I am not a fan of the shirt collar or tie. I think a bit of a spread collar and lighter tie will do wonders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads