• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

style: rolled up jeans, mens capris?

smoothy504ny

Reaction score
not sure whether this look can be pulled off by men; the look is achieved by rolling up the legs of the jeans:

11a90k1.jpg [i31.tinypic.com]

a120i0.jpg [i30.tinypic.com]

what do you think aobut this style and do either of these men pull it off? how would you wear this look and with what?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
there's something mannequin-like about that girl on top. As if she were his real-doll that he dressed and propped up.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
oh yea about this look....not a fan of the 2 guys in the pics.

I actually think it can look ok if you roll them halfway from ankle to knee. Maybe with a pair of short boots or some kind of seriously sick trainers. (not converse)

helps if you're covered in tattoos too.

I saw a guy with the rolled up jeans (nudies) at Secret Service the other day and I remember taking some mental notes on him, that it looked really good on that particular fellow. He was fairly tall and had an overall cool vibe to him. made the manpri jeans work.

djs488

Reaction score
i think it looks better on the first guy... if you have the calves to wear slim/designer shorts it shouldn't be a problem. the beneath guy seems to be trying it with a pair of skinny jeans, and his lower half ends up looking like my ex-girlfriend.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

I actually think it can look ok if you roll them halfway from ankle to knee. Maybe with a pair of short boots or some kind of seriously sick trainers. (not converse)

I saw a guy with the rolled up jeans (nudies) at Secret Service the other day and I remember taking some mental notes on him, that it looked really good on that particular fellow. He was fairly tall and had an overall cool vibe to him. made the manpri jeans work.

Wasn't that just you in a mirror?

BYucko

Reaction score
I like the look. I'm not sure many can pull it off, though.

I will be working extra hard on my calves at the gym thinking of this look. Does anyway reccomend any specific pairs of jeans to make this look work?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it just makes them look like bikers. something i see everyday at my university campus in seattle, so i guess i'm OK with them.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
**** looks terrible

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Style-wise, it's a nay for me. I'd rather wear real Capri pants or cropped cuffed jeans if that's the look I'm going for. I have to dig deep in my closet but I know I have a pair of stripped issey miyake capri pants. Very well designed.

WishEllis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

ha! I think that may have been me this Saturday at Secret Service. you were leaving just as I arrived.

though to be honest, my nudies were rolled up because I had just cycled from Highland Park. the manpri exists in my world only when my trusty steed is nearby.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^watch out he may try to make a pass next time, lord knows he did with me and now I'm tainted

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually rolled, not folded, and with some kind of low top shoes (Sperry boat shoes, purcells, etc.) and in the appropriate setting (beach, boat, dock, etc.) can look fantastic.

Zahir

Reaction score
Not really a fan. I think it could possibly work if you had the calves for it, but I don't think most guys do. Even then it tends to come off as sort of tryhard. The dude in the first pic who it sort of works for would probably have looked just as good or better if he just wore them normal.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus