• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifamous

Reaction score
Back on the steezy block... T-shirts are dead. Wolf:
wolfwaywtvw6.jpg
Hali:
stephenwaywtar5.jpg
back:
stephenwaywt2bq9.jpg
On him: Thrift Acne Thrift Undershirt A77 Asics On me: CM Undershirt Dior PF Flyer

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
If you're familiar with INC, what's the quality/value like? A quick search on Macy's made it look pretty pricey for being an instore mall brand. The jackets I saw were going for $200+.
At regular price, they could be charging more since it is their "designer" brand. But I don't think it is quite worth the regular price. I have only bought a linen suit and a 3/4 length windbreaker from them. They go on sale quite frequently at the end of the season. I bought the INC stuff pre SF and I think I got the windbreaker for 75% off and the suit, which was too big and I only wore a couple times, I paid regular price for. The quality is probably between Express and BR. But to wear for a season or two, I'd have no problem buying some of the stuff on sale.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the divide between the two is a false dichotomy. There are obviously crossover posters between MC and SW&D, and while some looks probably just aren't going to work when you're 50 years old, I don't see "jeans, t-shirt, and casual jacket" being one of those that a middle-aged guy can't pull off anymore. I think a man with a great wardrobe of suits who refuses to wear a hoodie is just as limited as a kid who rolls his eyes at anything more "formal" than an odd jacket.
This is an interesting observation, which I agree with. In my early to mid 20's I focused all my attention on tailored clothing and built a pretty nice wardrobe. But during that time I didn't pay much attention to my casual style. My casual stuff was overly preppy and better suited for someone older. In the last couple of years I've focused on building a casual wardrobe, with a lot of help from SW&D, especially with denim. So I suppose I went about things sort of backwards, but in any event SW&D & MC have a lot to learn from each other. Great style should combine elements of both.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Wow, the past couple of pages have been an interesting read. With a few exceptions It's a shame there hasn't been any decent clothes to look at!.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Wow, the past couple of pages have been an interesting read. With a few exceptions It's a shame there hasn't been any decent clothes to look at!.

British Passive-Aggressiveness at its finest
smile.gif
nest.gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bolder colors, less jeans, pattern mixing, clearer cut fit,... GetSmart has a pretty good sense of how to incorporate both the elegance of formal and ruggedness informal clothing (I'd wear any of his pants).
I think the best fits aren't those that look interesting or different from across the room, instead they are subtle. And that sort of thing isn't going to come through well with a self timer or mirror shot, as the colors and textures get lost. I'll bet a lot of the stuff that looks boring in pictures is pretty cool in person.

Halifamous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
The only decent outfits were jpgm and getsmart, and neither were up to their usual standard.
Originally Posted by ken
Wrastlin' shoes? Nice.
Explain hipsters to me, I'll give you a dollar.
Originally Posted by A Harris
I think the best fits aren't those that look interesting or different from across the room, instead they are subtle. And that sort of thing isn't going to come through well with a self timer or mirror shot, as the colors and textures get lost. I'll bet a lot of the stuff that looks boring in pictures is pretty cool in person.
You're looking at it from the Adolf Loos philosophy, although I certainly respect that view in fashion, there is also something to be said for an outfit that rushes you immediately and causes a more visceral reaction. Not everything is best when it only becomes apparent by absorption, contemplation, and deconstruction.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halifamous
Explain hipsters to me, I'll give you a dollar.

I actually kind of like the shoes, especially with them clothes. Hipsters rejoice.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
This is an interesting observation, which I agree with. In my early to mid 20's I focused all my attention on tailored clothing and built a pretty nice wardrobe. But during that time I didn't pay much attention to my casual style. My casual stuff was overly preppy and better suited for someone older. In the last couple of years I've focused on building a casual wardrobe, with a lot of help from SW&D, especially with denim. So I suppose I went about things sort of backwards, but in any event SW&D & MC have a lot to learn from each other. Great style should combine elements of both.

worship.gif

Brigden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Thanks....half of the crap I say is in jest anyways. It's fun to
nest.gif
or we would just have another FashionSpot/TimeZone/PurseForum/Sartorialist comments.

I'm honestly on your side.

There's too much pretension around and at times it's quite appropriate to ruffle a few feathers.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
God, I hope it's not fashion. I don't want to have to buy all new clothes next year. I already spent too much on the ones I've got. I also don't want to have to make all new friends after the ones I've got find out I like fashion.

The only thing I fashion is a shiv to trade for cigarettes in the yard. (reveals massive guns)

i know...it hurt just to type the word...but, we have to come to grips with the reality of the situation...we are participating in a fash-uh-style forum...and we're umm...posting pictures of our "fits" to see what other dudes on the internet think of them...yeah...and sometimes, we throw in some pretty windmills, too
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads