• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Fall/Winter 07

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you mean swap out the toggles, are you referring to just the wooden piece or the rope as well? I really dig the black of both parts with the navy blue of the outer, but I'd be interested to see the dark brown.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duffel looks amazing. I want to try to find the hbone one as i just got a navy engineered jacket.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
When you mean swap out the toggles, are you referring to just the wooden piece or the rope as well? I really dig the black of both parts with the navy blue of the outer, but I'd be interested to see the dark brown.
Are they actually wood on the duffel? I didn't think to check that before I dropped if off for tailoring. But yes, the wooden pieces was what I was referring too, though the rope might be neat to change out too. That might be harder to source however.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also got this yesterday. I can't wait to start using it.

vest.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll post pictures in everything that I have sometime around next weekend. I'm waiting on a tripod to get delivered for my camera and I have a neat project in mind that I'd like to have some more time to plan.

It's really awesome though. I sized down to a small on it and it's nicely snug, so much that when I put it on it reminds me of the first time I tried on my first pair of nice jeans. That thread from a week or so ago on down vests changed my opinion on them, and I think I'm going to try and snag this one from Brooks Brothers later in the season if it's available come sale time.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the going retail price for the Engineer Jacket here in the U.S.? Eggplant has their price set at just under 40,000 Yen, which is very reasonable.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen that, but while Engineered Garments only had its debut in FW2003, it was actually available in Japan since 1999. Daiki told me once that some of the earlier stuff was crazy - ponyhair quick release belts, for example. I imagine that this piece is pre-2003

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, many people have been asking for pics of the vests over PM, so I just went ahead and took a couple crappy shots indoors. I was planning on wearing the down vest out today as the temperature was just right, but it was raining too much in Seattle to warrant it. I actually really could have used the duffel today, but the melton bedford that I recently got from timpoblete worked out well. Better outdoor pictures are still coming next week assuming the weather works out.

Down Vest (Zoom In)
Size Small

eg_down_vest_1.jpg

Shawl Vest (Zoom In)
Size Medium

eg_shawl_vest_1.jpg

Reaction score
I covet that shawl vest. Maybe next year...
The down vest is nice, too. I guess since you got a small instead of a medium you plan to wear it underneath jackets. Tempting to get two sizes, no? One to wear underneath a jacket, and the larger one to wear over a jacket, though not both at the same time...

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
I covet that shawl vest. Maybe next year...
The down vest is nice, too. I guess since you got a small instead of a medium you plan to wear it underneath jackets. Tempting to get two sizes, no? One to wear underneath a jacket, and the larger one to wear over a jacket, though not both at the same time...

Well, the medium fit about the same on me, it's the just small felt better. I probably won't be doing that many layers, as Seattle winters usually are fairly mild. I'd be tempted to get another one though if I were able to find it in the brown plaid pattern.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both look really good Robin, especially the waistcoat. If you're looking for it in different materials, MAC has the waistcoat in the olive gun club check pattern, although not in the painfully nice brown pattern (EDIT: BTW robin, according to Angelo the brown pattern waistcoat was only picked up in Japan. No North American stockists):
eg9d.jpg
Also, new posts in the JP websites: Fatigue Shirt Jacks in different materials
eg14a.jpg
eg14b.jpg
eg14c.jpg
Black Denim (available @ American Rag), Blue Denim, and Wool/Cotton Herringbone Cinch Pants in Granite Sateen (carried by MAC)
EG20PNT203.jpg
EG20PNT202.jpg
Engineer's Jacket Granite Sateen (same material as pants above)
main-6.jpg
Broken Denim
EG20JKT2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alphalabscbdus