• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks sauce! I like the jacket myself, but almost didnt get it since my girlfriend thought I looked like a butcher or a grocery store owner...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razuel
Then what am I looking for-- that wont cost me an arm and a leg just yet? I know in one of his pictures he was wearing cole haan's, which is a downgrade from edmond's unless I'm mistaken.
It's not the quality of the shoe (AE's aren't the best shoes in the world, but they are well made); it's the shape. Allen Edmonds and Alden are American brands with American aesthetics. They're rounded, blunt, and very conservative. If you want braidkid's shoes, you should be looking at English and especially Italian shoes. PM him for advice, post in MC asking for sleeker shoes and boots, etc.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
thanks sauce! I like the jacket myself, but almost didnt get it since my girlfriend thought I looked like a butcher or a grocery store owner...
That's what StyleForum is for! We give each other the sartorial approval that our wives and girlfriends won't. How sad is that? Wow.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo

lol8[1].gif

I was going to say, that outfit needs some blood on the jacket, and a hatchet in your hand.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks berlin and mjk. Glad you like it. I feel the jeans are on the borderline of being a bit too unflattering.. Ive had them for years, but never seem to get them to work very good. They constantly want to hip flare, and just seem too wide..

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to dissent. I don't necessarily mind unconventional fits (antifit, in this case), but I don't think this works. The color of the jacket reminds me of Levi's (in the pejorative usage), and the jeans are too wide and have no definition. Admittedly, your aesthetic is pretty far from my own, but I think this is definitely one of your weaker shots.

No </3.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
It's not the quality of the shoe (AE's aren't the best shoes in the world, but they are well made); it's the shape. Allen Edmonds and Alden are American brands with American aesthetics. They're rounded, blunt, and very conservative. If you want braidkid's shoes, you should be looking at English and especially Italian shoes. PM him for advice, post in MC asking for sleeker shoes and boots, etc.

Not all AEs and Alden are rounded, blunt, and conservative. There are some sleek and elongated lasts, and I think the wingtip bals (McAllister, Fairhaven, Chester) are pretty good for casual outfits. While some Italian shoes (Mantellassi, especially) are very sleek, I don't think any italian or british makers that make sleek shoes are going to be in his price range anyways.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
iTunes Playing Miles, Sean And Bodie by The Boats from the record We Made It For You
SF159.jpg

Unholy Matrimony Tee
C Monday Jeans
Cons x Barney

This is a rare miss by Rye. I understand the Cheap Monday aesthetic, but these don't have the slimming effect of many of your other jeans. In fact, they add an unflattering chunkiness to your lower half. So far, Your best summer look I've seen are the white Diors with the thin pastel v-neck.

Get Smart not a fan of the docs, but they're working well here. Of course, the overall look is top notch.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You should have seen me a month ago
wink.gif
I'm improving, don't worry. Just ordered some nice raw denim, allen edmonds-- I'm new!

The biggest problem with this outfit is the jeans and the shoes, if you were wearing decent footwear and had good dark denim the rest of the outfit would be relatively inoffensive. The jeans don't fit and the shoes are hard amjack, unfortunately. I'd return them.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Well I aspire to look like this guy,

monday1ce8.jpg

Forgot his username here, but his style is what I want.

Jeans + Henley...what part of that can't you grasp to get this look for yourself?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
SF158.jpg

Threadbare ratty PO-Boy tee $3
Second Hand fondled by a Mexican artisan belt $55
Ratty wallet molested jeans $200
**** stained Vans $44

Sincerity, honesty, modesty, humility and perception $Priceless.

I'm still wearing all mall brand stuff, but I figured I'd just jump into the thread anyways.

me1iq9.jpg

New diesel shoes, not sure if I like them or not.

Can the denim heads explain to the plebians why RyeGB's are better than Razuel's jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members