• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which knife?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
actually you know what i'd just go to tsukiji next time you're in tokyo, buy some knives at masamoto tsukiji (http://www.flickr.com/photos/a-culin...l/3134367130/), and then have some lunch at sushi daiwa (skip the lines at sushi dai).

a friend brought me a vegetable knife from there and i like it a lot. it's a lot more rustic than a nenox/misono/whatever, but a nice edge. and i like rustic (i've got a small collection of pre wwii french kitchen knives, too).

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are gorgeous. and they're not THAT expensive. at least not compared to a TOJ jacket.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when i used to hang out with blade boys (instead of style boys), they had a really good reputation, as did japanese chef's knives and korin.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
when i used to hang out with blade boys (instead of style boys), they had a really good reputation, as did japanese chef's knives and korin.

good move imo. knives dont get you laid.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's mainly a cool store because of the non-knife stuff they have. It's like OCD central, the best tools for absolutely any job. Needless to say, it is right up my alley.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uni-taskers can sometimes be a bit excessive, though. I love how Williams-Sonoma carries a pitter and seeder designed specifically for every different type of fruit imaginable.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
good move imo. knives dont get you laid.

dude, been married more than 30 years. my cooking does a lot better job on motivating ms. foodguy than a new jacket.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
This site will be of great use to me when I am once again forced to defend the word "Adz" as a legitimate Scrabble play.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
This site will be of great use to me when I am once again forced to defend the word "Adz" as a legitimate Scrabble play.
I ******* hate Scrabble. My whole family has me playing that damn Words With Friends.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I ******* hate Scrabble. My whole family has me playing that damn Words With Friends.

Genevieve hates it too, because of me. My family, being useless in most other regards competitively, plays a lot of Scrabble.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3cmtcounties