• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which knife?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
It's mainly a cool store because of the non-knife stuff they have. It's like OCD central, the best tools for absolutely any job. Needless to say, it is right up my alley.

I lusted quite heartily over their blue steel chisels for a long long time - back when they published a paper catalog.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
She is too good for you.
Don't you dare tell her. She's a baby though. Her whole family is. I beat her like once and she quit playing forever. I schooled her mom at chess and now they don't even use their standing chess table. I think her dad threw out the Wii when I beat him at Tennis.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's it like, being in a meaningful relationship?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321

what, with your knife? Kwilk might have some insight on that.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
I'm trying to think of something snarky to say, but with my wife it is pretty awesome 99% of the time.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Don't you dare tell her.

She's a baby though. Her whole family is. I beat her like once and she quit playing forever. I schooled her mom at chess and now they don't even use their standing chess table. I think her dad threw out the Wii when I beat him at Tennis.

my wife and i used to play scrabble when we were dating. then one time i got a big triple-word score on my last play to beat her and she picked up the board and threw it at me. figured it was better to focus on other games after that.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of something snarky to say, but with my wife it is pretty awesome 99% of the time.

yeah, i'm pretty happy with matt's wife 99% of the time, too.
rimshot.gif

seriously, what he said. though i've been married for so long i can't even remember what it's like not to be.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, now I feel like I'm missing out on something; I always knew I might have been. But if you say its so, then it must be true.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
yeah, i'm pretty happy with matt's wife 99% of the time, too.
rimshot.gif

seriously, what he said. though i've been married for so long i can't even remember what it's like not to be.

my girlfriend is also a fan of matt's wife.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, yes. She is everything that I am not. I already have had my family make that quite clear. They have claimed her in any possible divorce proceedings.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
These are the most badass knives I've ever used. I don't have one, but starting from scratch would definitely consider.

http://www.teruyasu.jp/en/index.html

For a balling man such as yourself, impolyte, I suggest them.

I will look at those. (0) I need to get balling **** because my womanfriend is probably gonna get a new job being a model/lifestylist for a women's magazine starting this winter - they are coming to our house to photograph and TV our 'life' all the time and so we need to look really ******* cool. Gonna get a Thermomix as well and put that in our features, and make all the Japanese housewives across the country go crazy for one-touch splooge.
redface.gif

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
Here's a video about Bob Kramer http://blog.makezine.com/archive/201...th-bob-kr.html, one of only 114 world wide Master Knife makers. What impressed me most is that he hammered his knife through a steel bolt or something similar and it didn't damage the edge at all. His knives are $2500+ but are a work of art and last a lifetime.
worship.gif

thanks for posting that, it was very enjoyable.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, yes. She is everything that I am not. I already have had my family make that quite clear. They have claimed her in any possible divorce proceedings.

Funny you mention that. I joke that I chose my spouse well when I went from being the main attraction to the warm-up act in my family, which is probably how it ought to be. Even my flinty old grandmother - who had zero tolerance for chit-chat, especially on the telephone - would sit down and talk to Mrs. Thomas for hours, even on the phone. With everyone else, even her own son - 1 minute, tops.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads