• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do girls like guys wearing?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
No I have not read a psych book and do not intend to either. Ex girlfriend was doing PhD in Psychology, and we had discussions what attracts woman to men - one of those aspects was likeness to father in terms of bulk characteristics (which is a statistical trend, not an absolute fact). She did the research, she got her PhD from Yale, published numerous papers. Unless you have a PhD in that area from a respectable Ivy league university and published numerous papers in peer reviewed journals, you can also shut up.
I have an ex-girlfriend who is a pilot. We had discussions about it, which means that I can fly planes and can tell everyone who wants to fly planes to STFU. right?

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I have an ex-girlfriend who is a pilot. We had discussions about it, which means that I can fly planes and can tell everyone who wants to fly planes to STFU.

right?

I am not expert on planetary dynamics, so what should I do regarding information fed to me by physicists that the world is a nearly round ball of rock and metal in space? What do I tell my kids if they want to know if the world is flat? Do I say to them "sorry kids, daddy does not know **** about planetary dynamics, therefore since I am not an expert, I will say nothing".

Point is, I got information from a respected scientist in her field, who holds a prestigious position as an associate professor at a well respected university. If she tells me something interesting from her field of expertise, I am perfectly entitled to relay that as being factual. If someone challenges that view (while I am in sound place to defend it), if the challenger himself is not an expert, then frankly I would uphold that view given by an expert. QED.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
No I have not read a psych book and do not intend to either. Ex girlfriend was doing PhD in Psychology, and we had discussions what attracts woman to men - one of those aspects was likeness to father in terms of bulk characteristics (which is a statistical trend, not an absolute fact). She did the research, she got her PhD from Yale, published numerous papers. Unless you have a PhD in that area from a respectable Ivy league university and published numerous papers in peer reviewed journals, you can also shut up.
Nice appeal to authority. Oh and your ex-GF's credentials aren't any more transferable to you than I am a dentist cause I saw my dentist last week. Your affirmations in this thread are pure crap, if your ex-GF had made them they'd still be pure crap.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not expert on planetary dynamics, so what should I do regarding information fed to me by physicists that the world is a nearly round ball of rock and metal in space? What do I tell my kids if they want to know if the world is flat? Do I say to them "sorry kids, daddy does not know **** about planetary dynamics, therefore since I am not an expert, I will say nothing".
You can have legitimate, informed opinions on matters even if you did not get a PhD in them. No one disputes that. We do it here all the time. People are jumping on you because you said your girlfriend has a PhD in the issue being discussed in this thread, which gives special status to your statements. That is ridiculous. This conversation is boring.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
my GF has a PhD in what girls like guys wearing.

I always had a Ph.D
a pretty huge dick

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can have legitimate, informed opinions on matters even if you did not get a PhD in them. No one disputes that. We do it here all the time. People are jumping on you because you said your girlfriend has a PhD in the issue being discussed in this thread, which gives special status to your statements. That is ridiculous. This conversation is boring.
The title of this thread should be: "What do I wear so girls will like me so I can get laid" or something like that.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No I have not read a psych book and do not intend to either.

Ex girlfriend was doing PhD in Psychology, and we had discussions what attracts woman to men - one of those aspects was likeness to father in terms of bulk characteristics (which is a statistical trend, not an absolute fact). She did the research, she got her PhD from Yale, published numerous papers. Unless you have a PhD in that area from a respectable Ivy league university and published numerous papers in peer reviewed journals, you can also shut up.

Whats her name?

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I love how you're applying your ex-girlfriend's credentials to yourself. I guess she left you because she realized you're ******* clueless?

Oh come now, that is just plain old mean.

People are jumping on you because you said your girlfriend has a PhD in the issue being discussed in this thread, which gives special status to your statements. That is ridiculous.

Good point, a little applied thought indicated to me not to be like a religious zealot- i.e. get information from a pastor/book, believe I have authority to talk about it, and then run around trying to convert everyone else. I wont claim to have authority in her field, so will shut up on that matter and move on...

Originally Posted by Fuuma
Nice appeal to authority. Oh and your ex-GF's credentials aren't any more transferable to you than I am a dentist cause I saw my dentist last week. Your affirmations in this thread are pure crap, if your ex-GF had made them they'd still be pure crap.

Good point, I did not mean to be rude to you earlier. I should not have tried to make you sound like a dumbass, which you are not. Thats my bad, sorry!

Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Whats her name?

lol8[1].gif
She would be too easy to find online. Do not want to incur her wrath if for some reason she finds this thread with her name on it.

kurupted

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
The title of this thread should be:

"What do I wear so girls will like me so I can get laid"

or something like that.

Ok, in the end it's all about confidence, wit and humor anyway. Oh, and naturally good looks if you have them.

If you want to have clothes that girls dig...fastest way is to start working out.

No need for muscular thighs - they just look for well defined shoulders and that V shape torso. Then, get clothing that fits you well, brand irrelevant. Tight fitting T that shows your physique, flattering jeans without weird droopy ass, and normal (polished, clean) shoes that do not make you look like a teenager.

Then it's all fun and games!

I am a believer that girls look for physical fitness indicators above all else - these indicators are hardest, or near impossible to fake.

You'll find that in most social settings, just having clothing that fits you will put you ahead of 90% of the male "competition" in terms of style. Then, just have one piece that stands out so she can compliment you on it. Belt with a really nice buckle. Interesting hem on your jeans. Sick leather soled boots. If she's complimenting you, you know it's on.

thunderthighs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kurupted
Ok, in the end it's all about confidence, wit and humor anyway. Oh, and naturally good looks if you have them.

If you want to have clothes that girls dig...fastest way is to start working out.

No need for muscular thighs - they just look for well defined shoulders and that V shape torso. Then, get clothing that fits you well, brand irrelevant. Tight fitting T that shows your physique, flattering jeans without weird droopy ass, and normal (polished, clean) shoes that do not make you look like a teenager.

Then it's all fun and games!

I am a believer that girls look for physical fitness indicators above all else - these indicators are hardest, or near impossible to fake.

You'll find that in most social settings, just having clothing that fits you will put you ahead of 90% of the male "competition" in terms of style. Then, just have one piece that stands out so she can compliment you on it. Belt with a really nice buckle. Interesting hem on your jeans. Sick leather soled boots. If she's complimenting you, you know it's on.

fing02[1].gif
Which pretty much sums up the reason why the older and/or more out of shape you get, the better you look in a suit. I'd only add (in dangerously general terms) that women tend to find skinny legs on an otherwise fit guy to look ridiculous so don't neglect the legs.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh come now, that is just plain old mean.

Good point, a little applied thought indicated to me not to be like a religious zealot- i.e. get information from a pastor/book, believe I have authority to talk about it, and then run around trying to convert everyone else. I wont claim to have authority in her field, so will shut up on that matter and move on...

Good point, I did not mean to be rude to you earlier. I should not have tried to make you sound like a dumbass, which you are not. Thats my bad, sorry!

lol8[1].gif
She would be too easy to find online. Do not want to incur her wrath if for some reason she finds this thread with her name on it.

10-9 round for klobber

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member