• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do girls like guys wearing?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
Obviously depends on what social circle / scene you are into.
What would be the female version of the SW&D crew?
eh.gif

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thunderthighs
fing02[1].gif
Which pretty much sums up the reason why the older and/or more out of shape you get, the better you look in a suit. I'd only add (in dangerously general terms) that women tend to find skinny legs on an otherwise fit guy to look ridiculous so don't neglect the legs.

women do appreciate when you have decent leg muscles. Also ridiculously top-heavy guys (regardless of whether its due to fat or muscle) look pretty hilarious.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
What would be the female version of the SW&D crew?
eh.gif

meangirls11.jpg

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have some of you all never been out of your house? Tour the bars/venues/cafes. There are more types of girls than just this stereotypical sorority girls.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think it's a fairly accurate representation of SW&D

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
Have some of you all never been out of your house? Tour the bars/venues/cafes. There are more types of girls than just this stereotypical sorority girls.

+100

Brosef

Reaction score
They want you to dress nice (go figure what they mean by that), but if your clothes are better than theirs, they definitely won't like it.
It's like a woman criticizing a man because he's really in shape. "Wow, what a gym rat! and blah blah blah". Makes her feel better about herself and less guilty about how she let herself go.
Women are in competition with other women and the men they see. They'll feel insecure if you dress really well.
That's from my experience :cool:

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brosef
They want you to dress nice (go figure what they mean by that), but if your clothes are better than theirs, they definitely won't like it.
It's like a woman criticizing a man because he's really in shape. "Wow, what a gym rat! and blah blah blah". Makes her feel better about herself and less guilty about how she let herself go.
Women are in competition with other women and the men they see. They'll feel insecure if you dress really well.
That's from my experience :cool:

A woman feels insecure when she thinks about being spotty within the next few days. A woman feels insecure when she wonders if anyone notices any grey hair in the back of her head that she couldn't see and didn't pull. Only a Sisyphus worries about whether a woman feels secure.

When a woman gets suckered into dressing down, she feels insecure whenever a well-dressed man passes. A woman may play the fool for punks -- or she may be punking you herself -- and try to sucker you into dressing down too.

There's always a time and place for dressing down. Satisfying the world's punks -- isn't it.

coldforge

Reaction score
Luckily you sound like a pretty secure dude, yourself! I know all the really secure dudes I know look at the entire world through a lens of resentment and suspicion, finding reasons that they're superior to everyone they see and creating this elaborate set-up whereby other people are 'suckered' into 'dressing down', just so they can lose the great game called life that apparently only you know you are playing.

tombrokaw

Reaction score
Wear whatever you like. There will be at least a couple human females who appreciate it. There are many of them and their opinions tend to be diverse.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
Luckily you sound like a pretty secure dude, yourself! I know all the really secure dudes I know look at the entire world through a lens of resentment and suspicion, finding reasons that they're superior to everyone they see and creating this elaborate set-up whereby other people are 'suckered' into 'dressing down', just so they can lose the great game called life that apparently only you know you are playing.

Anyone who lived during the great denim fad of the 1970s knows only too well how Levis used ****** peer pressure to push prisoner and farmer togs as some kind of great fashion statement for those with enough money and good taste who knew how to appreciate them. Those young adults were punked into wearing ****** blue pants and paying through the nose for it.

You're free to call it "salesmanship" or "group dynamics" or whatever, but it boils down to punking someone else (because he's just a punk who does that sort of thing).

BTW, I don't see why you take it personally. Maybe you're one of those nice people with a nice lilfe who never ran across drug dealers, bill collectors, or other such scum. I assure you, there are many people out there who think all day, every day, about how to **** over anyone who is unfortunate enough to be nearby.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads