• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another support your SF friends day.

Richard James suit from B&S
Panta Tie
Jantzen Shirt (light blue herringbone cotton)

Probably the last time I wear the suit, however ... I do have a slightly dropped shoulder, but for whatever reason this cut really exaggerates it, and it bugs me. My tailor said he couldn't fix it, so back on B&S it goes ...

DSC_8384.JPG

DSC_8397.JPG

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz

Panta Tie

Probably the last time I wear the suit, however ... I do have a slightly dropped shoulder, but for whatever reason this cut really exaggerates it, and it bugs me. My tailor said he couldn't fix it, so back on B&S it goes ...

DSC_8384.JPG

DSC_8397.JPG

Too bad about the shoulder, because that is a beautiful suit. I would not let that bother me, but I understand.

Wonderful combo today, Greg...as always.

Mike

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Ok, now some light brown suede shoes and either a navy or chocolate brown cashmere tie, thx.

Don't you dare laugh at the shoes—took me ages. No more shoe change requests for me... Tie was easy peasy, navy cashmere for you.

nyranderekleurbroekensc.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dunno man - that suit looks pretty solid.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Panta Tie

Fantastic look Greg. I see the shoulder thing, not a big deal if you ask me (but if it bugs you, it bugs you.)

KtownGreg

Reaction score
waywt-10.jpg
Snowy day of errands. Two to the dentist. The puppy to the vet. Great day for Dad jeans and slouchy sweater.
ee4698fa.jpg
HY, JCrew, Levis, LLBean, GO 60s

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do have a slightly dropped shoulder, but for whatever reason this cut really exaggerates it, and it bugs me.

This might be where the subjective/objective line is drawn, but I really like the way the jacket fits your left shoulder, Greg. It's a pleasant slope. Looks like there's too much cloth around the top of the armscye on the other side.

Originally Posted by NOBD
Don't you dare laugh at the shoes"”took me ages.

laugh.gif
(sorry)

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
New office, new (more formal) dress code. New bathroom with same bad lighting.

1207000837.jpg

Bringing the boring. Take note conservative business dress contestants. (Well, ditch the fun sox and monkstraps and you're there)

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Bringing the boring. Take note conservative business dress contestants. (Well, ditch the fun sox and monkstraps and you're there)

Shirts with patterns, squares with colored edges, and suits with windowpanes (sorry the pictures don't show it) are not conservative business dress. In fact, I'm not sure herringbones are conservative business dress, either. I'm not claiming to be wild and daring, and I don't mind being boring, but conservative business dress is a different category.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm still too traumatized to say anything. Where did you find a picture of Frakenstein wearing suede chukkas?

Hehe. No comment. Please look at the tie.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think subtle patterns are okay for conservative business. Maybe mixing fewer would be more correct. I like the suit quite a bit. Didn't realize it was windowpane. Looks like a herringbone. Looking good!

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I think subtle patterns are okay for conservative business. Maybe mixing fewer would be more correct. I like the suit quite a bit. Didn't realize it was windowpane. Looks like a herringbone. Looking good!

Thanks. It is a gray herringbone, but it has a (faint) blue windowpane as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members