• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
This is not widely known even in the UK, but under Douglas-Home, flouride began to be a required addition to gin distributed in Britain. Then, under the second Wilson government, it was added to bitters and lager.

I would advocate fluoridation of Coke, but as a longtime beneficiary of the pediatric-dental complex, I keep quiet. Also,
Unholy_three_cropped.png

Crippling disease, tooth decay, and mental illness. The price of freedom.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Doe this have anything to due with the precipitous decline in the popularity of Watney's Red Barrell?
There's a graph somewhere on this forvm where the slope of increasing enamel integrity in Wales over time is compared to the relative gaiety of San Francisco. From 1952 onward, the lines are exactly superimposed...which itself is an apt word.
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
Crippling disease, tooth decay, and mental illness. The price of freedom.
Dental health had a huge uptick in France when they flouridated cigarettes and white bandanas. This was in the 1970s at the height of mime. - B

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dental health had a huge uptick in France when they flouridated cigarettes and white bandanas. This was in the 1970s at the height of mime.

- B[/quote]

And foreign students fannies...
laugh.gif

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Not an obsession. Just a comment on how people spend their money, ie., their priorities.
BTW, my Dad was a dentist who, incidentally, served in Britain in World War II and observed
the then poor state of British teeth.

I know and my grandfather once remarked to me about how fat he found people in the USA. I am sure these cheap stereotypes all have a grain of truth.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
I know and my grandfather once remarked to me about how fat he found people in the USA. I am sure these cheap stereotypes all have a grain of truth.

Without cheap stereotypes ,no cheap jokes...
devil.gif

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We are relatively fat. Not me nor mine though.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So you use James Robertson Justice as your avatar to prove that the exception that proves
the rule that Brits are relatively thin ( with bad teeth, of course)?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Sart's comments Polo with a suit? That's tricky. Too often it comes off as Master Champ. I think the real key is to wear polo as sleek as the suit. The next critical question would then be, collar in or out?
61710Simonepolo_3529Web.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
he looks fine but here is the thing that we miss sometimes when looking at these pics and passing judgement. He is a very good looking guy. He has a certain "look" (the hair, the facial hair etc). He works in the clothing business. Due to this, he can wear things most people cannot. Given his looks and build, he will look good pretty much regardless. Given that he works in a clothing store, he can wear a polo under a suit and have it looked as sprezzatura. Most of us cannot. Don't try to be him. You are not him.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
His trousers are seriously high rise

and it works for him because he seems to have zero belly fat and a long upper body. I'd wear that outfit and look like an absolute schmuck. The other thing is, professional photography also adds a lot to a fit.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I dont like them. They are too high rise in IMO. Reminds me of the NY guy who has the 18" rise

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ I dont like them. They are too high rise in IMO. Reminds me of the NY guy who has the 18" rise

on that guy, there is almost no chest left above his pant waist. On this guy, you see about the same amount of shirt that you see on others. They are both short guys but it looks better on this guy.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
The other thing is, professional photography also adds a lot to a fit.

Scott Schuman is a professionial photographer in the same way that Rachael Ray is a professional chef.

I'm convinced that there is a good joke in that analogy somewhere.

- B

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member