• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I should never have entered Esquire's BDRM contest.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
You've just lost patience from all the sex that's come your way, but you're too classy to talk about.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Thanks. Hopefully you're right.

Eh. That's not me. I try to be as friendly as possible.

Well, I'm 28 and surrounded by 28-year-olds. I think that pretty much explains it.

That's not exactly what I'm getting at. I have no intention of dressing to please others and I don't feel bad about myself. However, it is massively irritating that my clothes wind up dominating conversation whether I like it or not.

Stop hanging out with old and uncool people.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh. I get the "Why are you so dressed up today" deal when I first meet people. After saying something like "that's how I dress" they usually get over it. Those who keeps harping on it go in the douche-bag category, and I avoid socializing with them. Anyone with a head on their shoulders should be well adjusted enough to deal with people who are different than them.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WBaker
Meh. I get the "Why are you so dressed up today" deal when I first meet people. After saying something like "that's how I dress" they usually get over it. Those who keeps harping on it go in the douche-bag category, and I avoid socializing with them. Anyone with a head on their shoulders should be well adjusted enough to deal with people who are different than them.

true dat.

Moss

Reaction score
I think you are handling it well. Kudos for being polite and deferential. It will likely fade.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost forgot the glasses. Everyone assumes they're some sort of fashion accessory and says: "Cool. Retro!"

That's one thing they got right, no?

That and the homeless shoes part
laugh.gif

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turn your despair into your strength....I recommend using the fact that you are a finalist to pick up chicks, especially those who go googly eyes with anyone remotely near the fashion industry.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
foo's is more of a stigma he is having to deal with , a fallout from the press. he is compared , dissected and critiqued and verbally abused (not obviously) in circumvent manner disguised as a 'compliment' perhaps. totally different thing.

As I like to say. Oh well.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the shoes. Oh god. People look at my shoes like I'm a homeless person with dirty cardboard strapped under my feet. No, they're not Gucci or Ferragamo. Yes, I know I can get them for what I paid for these. Shut up, shut up, shut up.
It could be worse. You could have won. Then you'd be wearing square-toed Kenneth Coles.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diyaraaz