• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackM

Reaction score
I present to you Moo's latest. It passed with hardly a murmur in MC, so I thought it would be more appreciated here:

fayhkn.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
Done. Is this what you guys meant??

headlolMedium.jpg

"Received explosives training at secret Black Scissors training camp in Pakistan"

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JackM
I present to you Moo's latest. It passed with hardly a murmur in MC, so I thought it would be more appreciated here:
fayhkn.jpg

Moo, did you actually wear this to work today at the risk management office?!

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hint: There is a touch of photoshop involved.

BB1 on second inspection the suit may be a hair big in the shoulders as there seems to be a tiny bit of slouch past your natural shoulders, but you could easily get a something small like that fixed by getting a tailor to pinch the back a tiny bit. This would also have the benefit of making your sleeves a hair shorter. Finding the perfect fitting suit is hard enough when you're able to try them on, that buying them on the net is dancing with the devil, so all things considered I think you came out alright.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
http://dslnorthwest.net/~barryb/d/lad_suit.jpg

Lad Musician suit
Lad Musician tee
CP

People already said it but the suit jacket is too big on the shoulders, doesn't fit around the neck and the sleeves are too long, even compared to the runway look. Trousers look pretty nice considering the look though.

Also this part is just opinion but I think a cropped jacket like that would be better unbuttoned, especially if you have a graphic t under it. It just looks weird seeing a jacket that short and all buttoned up.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
People already said it but the suit jacket is too big on the shoulders, doesn't fit around the neck and the sleeves are too long, even compared to the runway look. Trousers look pretty nice considering the look though. Also this part is just opinion but I think a cropped jacket like that would be better unbuttoned, especially if you have a graphic t under it. It just looks weird seeing a jacket that short and all buttoned up.
I see the details you're talking about and don't disagree. However, I have never fully understood the popular insistence here that suit fits must be accurate down to the last millimeter, yet for most other styles pointing out such small details would be considered nit-picking! Even posters who never post a single fit pic involving a suit will quickly critique such details which I often find humorous. I know you wear more suits here than most (and often display a slight streetwear flare when doing so), so I respect your opinion in this area. I have observed that the more formal a fit's overall vibe is, the more likely people are to tear into such details. For example, a long time back Fuuma posted a fit involving a 1B Lad blazer that is nearly identical to mine. It was difficult to tell from his pic, but it appeared the blazer would not pass all the tests you guys are applying to mine. But between his steezy pose with bent arms and legs, unbuttoned blazer, t-shirt, and jeans everyone loved it and admittedly such details seemed totally irrelevant. I dunno, I suppose I should try again by wearing it unbuttoned and in a different context that makes me look less like a formal statue. I recall you mentioned before that you thought Lad blazers looked best unbuttoned. One other odd thing... When I posted the blazer all by itself, I got mostly positive comments. And same thing happened with the trousers. But with the two together, nobody likes it. I still cannot fully wrap my head around that, especially since other people outside of the forum saw me wearing the full suit in person and said they liked it.

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
i think they might be "partners"
i dont think i could be friends with someone that dresses exactly like me

Originally Posted by aqhong
lol. sh0ebox's pic is clearly 'shopped. I mean, it's a pretty good job, but it's not that good.

Originally Posted by sq4you
wow. you're right. how did i miss that.
for the record i prefer the asian dudes diors wayyyyyy more. i would cop those if i knew where to buy them and my size in washed 19cms.

lol exactly. I just did the PSing for the lolz since I was wearing a near identical outfit. I linked to my original pic in the thread (kind of hid it haha). I'm no pro at PS or anything so that was about my best attempt at roughly throwing it together just for WAYWT purposes.

and btw the Diors are 17.5cm

phillipx

Reaction score
I have been browsing this forum for close to a year and after lurking all this time I have no idea why you guys want to show off your outfits. Most of you look horrible. Yes some of you look good but most of you do not. Of course it is just my opinion.

JackM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phillipx
I have been browsing this forum for close to a year and after lurking all this time I have no idea why you guys want to show off your outfits. Most of you look horrible. Yes some of you look good but most of you do not. Of course it is just my opinion.

He's right guys. Shall we dissolve the forum immediately, or have a vote first?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

post a fit

James_M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
clothes2.jpg

Persol Sunglasses
Circa Harrington
Fred Perry Bag
Naked & Famous Denim
Vintage Boots

Interested in opinions. The denim is definitely a lot lighter than the jacket in real life.

You in Parkdale?

Hummingbird

Reaction score
That Moo fit in all black is nightmarish if real. Don't ever wear shorts again - at least not until some semblance of tan or fitness is achieved.

phildo

Reaction score

why would you keep browsing for an entire year then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78