• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Mall Brand status.

Thought I'd put up a few pics of my Banana Republic jeans just for the hell of it.
jeans1.jpg

Yeah, some serious props on those Zissou.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Mall Brand status.

Thought I'd put up a few pics of my Banana Republic jeans just for the hell of it. They are/were raw Japanese selvage, with about 10 solid months of wear and about 5 washings. They've been a real ***** to fade, so nothing very spectacular. I've worn them through 3 or 4 room demolition projects in my house, which consists of ripping out lathe and plaster, rewiring, trim removal and restoration, etc. I've tried to beat the hell out of them. They've had one crotch repair and could use some repair down by the hems. As of yesterday, they were basically grey from plaster dust, so I threw them in for a hot wash.
jeans1.jpg

Wow. I'd say you turned a sow's ear into respectable denim. Nice going.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
thanks. lucchese from somewhere in texas

+2, I love the Lucchese

I can get a bunch of these for 1/2 MSRP if anyone is interested in handcrafted, hand-lasted boots made in the USA.

wakerider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
thanks. lucchese from somewhere in texas

Yeah, they look pretty good. I've got some that look pretty similar, but they're Tony Lama. They were a gift, and they look great... I just can't find too many excuses to wear cowboy boots.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Wow. I'd say you turned a sow's ear into respectable denim. Nice going.

+1. I really like the color of these, never mind the cool fades. I forget where you posted them, but I also really like the edo-ai portions of those mister freedom jeans you have.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fit pics on samurai black knights, need to hem an inch or so, sized down 2.
these are fully shrunk. cold soaked, hot soaked, than drier action
4258251349_363fefb737.jpg

4253983293_5b53737cc9.jpg

so s5000bk's, black knights, and wings and horns black jeans for 6 months. will be working on black knights from here on out, along with some amazing indigo jeans. I sized down 2. I could BARELY button them all the way in the store, did a cold soak, and a hot soak and tumble dry last night, lost an inch in the inseam, waist is fine. basically my rule for samurai is slim fit = size down 2.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No rep yet - all new ****, but had the pics active this morning... FH BSP (head-to-head jeans with Mistral), about 10 days continuous. There are gonna be rewarding:
DSCN1875_511.jpg
Momotaro 0701 (abt 12 wears - fast faders it looks like):
DSCN1864_500.jpg
Warehouse Dubbleworks 660 - slubby, fuzzy and sweet. Dozen wears. More fast faders.
DSCN1865_501.jpg
KMW 1980 Hand-Dye. On hold since summer. Will be quick-ish faders. Only worn maybe 6 times:
DSCN1876_512.jpg
Standard KMW 1980 hand-dyes, worn at least 30 times. Sloowww...(but have been worn to work mainly - nothing hard on them yet)
DSCN1877_513.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ma1
^^ nice, rare to see well faded black denim

also where is that tee from?

flathead

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from Somet X Flathead thread. New pics, a week after hot soak.

eafhgi.jpg

2ztkrw3.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy