• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 501 new fit

emeterioy

Reaction score
if anyone that lives in vegas want a free pair of levi STF size 33 let me know. I soaked it and wore them for half a day.

manofstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Picked up a pair or STF 501's. My waist measures 32"...

501-stf-1.jpg

Pre-soak...

501-stf-presoak.jpg

Soaking...

501-stf-soak.jpg

Post soak...

501-stf-postsoak.jpg

Aren't you wearing them too low? The seat looks all saggy.

When I used to wear 501s they never fit like that.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Too low? They look just right to me. I also think there are a number of ways to wear 501s because it depends on your personal preference regarding the fit and look you're after.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by manofstyle
Aren't you wearing them too low? The seat looks all saggy.

When I used to wear 501s they never fit like that.

Hmm, okay. How's this?

urkel.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hmm, okay. How's this?

urkel.jpg

Ha ha. Well, it works for him. Probably not for everybody though.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I soaked my pair of 33x34 new fit 501s last night. They were still damp this morning. Should be dry when I get home. I got them at Macy's for $34.99.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My Made in Mexico pair was dry this moring. (The furnace has been running a lot!) Really happy with this fit! May be slightly looser in the crotch area than the 35s but I'm OK with this. Other than that, I don't see a lot of difference from the other pair.

Now I just have to decide which of the two I want to dedicate to solid wear.

contactdo

Reaction score

501-stf-1.jpg

Pre-soak...

501-stf-presoak.jpg

Soaking...

501-stf-soak.jpg

Post soak...

501-stf-postsoak.jpg

I got my 501's a couple of weeks ago. I like how they fit, but there is the one part underneath the butt where it looks like I have a wedgie. It's kind of like the pics ^^. It was like that pre and post soak. Any way to get rid of that or is that just how 501's fit? I got mine true to size. I was barely able to button the top button pre-soak.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

501-stf-1.jpg

Pre-soak...

501-stf-presoak.jpg

Soaking...

501-stf-soak.jpg

Post soak...

501-stf-postsoak.jpg

I'm not an expert in STF by any means, but this looks terrible by any standard. I don't see the appeal in having a seat that looks this poor, not to mention the over-creased mid thigh to knee region. If you're a shorter guy like me at 5'7" this will look even worse as it creates a midget-like appearance.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Remember guys -- these are raw and had just dried from the initial soak when I snapped the photos. In fact, they were so stiff prior to trying them on that I was able to stand them up on their own in the middle of the room.

It takes time for the denim to settle and soften.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I put mine on yesterday. They fit, but they feel so roomy. I have been so used to getting slim straight jeans for the last 2 years or so that I forgot how much I love a straight leg 501/APC NS cut. My girlfriend says they look huge, but I am with Robert. They feel way more tent like than they actually look. I'm digging them.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What fiddy says. This is the way 501s look after the first soak. I see absolutely nothing wrong with fiddy's fit. And "overcreased" knee/midthigh? Hell, we 501[ers kill for those creases!

I guess if you're used to mall-brand skinny jeans or sanforized Dad jeans and are not familiar with STF 501s, you might not like this look. But I can tell that fiddy's are going to shape up nicely--and imo, they don't look bad now.

For me, there's nothing like a nice pair of raw 501s.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Slept in my first pair (Dominican Republic made) last night. I'm trying to wear mine as much as possible after work since I can't wear them during the work day generally.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweedy bag