• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What car would you get with $55k?

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the shifter. I think it looks much better then a stick sticking out of the middle of the center console. I just think it's different and people need to get used to the look. And everywhere I've looked, the exterior has gotten criticism but I think it's great. It's masculine looking and sporty but with some sophistication imo. Whatever floats your boat though.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
I really like the shifter. I think it looks much better then a stick sticking out of the middle of the center console. I just think it's different and people need to get used to the look. And everywhere I've looked, the exterior has gotten criticism but I think it's great. It's masculine looking and sporty but with some sophistication imo. Whatever floats your boat though.

that's my major beef with the exterior; it looks like something my mom would buy when she retires.

epb

Reaction score
And everywhere I've looked, the exterior has gotten criticism but I think it's great. It's masculine looking and sporty but with some sophistication imo.

I'm surprised the looks are criticised - the XF is one of the best looking cars on the road right now.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
a buddy of mine has one. Beautiful interior (except the weird gear shifter), but I could never really get past the ugly exterior.
Yes, I love the look of the interior. I want to like the exterior, but I don't. I'm hopeful that the new XJ will look really good to me when I see it in person, the photos are meh so far.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
Don't know how I didn't find this sooner but I'm in love. Jag XF. Car and Driver 2009 top 10 list and the 2010 is even better with the 5.0 V8. Seems like a great value to price ratio. Just trying to find out more about the reliability of these.
2009_jaguar_xf_image_0_5930.jpg

Nice, but I thought these were quite pricey.
Originally Posted by JayJay
Yes, I love the look of the interior. I want to like the exterior, but I don't. I'm hopeful that the new XJ will look really good to me when I see it in person, the photos are meh so far.
I think it has something to do with the headlight. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't fit.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is an ugly car
+1. I've never been a fan of the CLS. I don't like the exterior, the interior is too cramped in headroom and backseat space, and the car to me is not a coupe.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
+1. I've never been a fan of the CLS. I don't like the exterior, the interior is too cramped in headroom and backseat space, and the car to me is not a coupe.

exactly. I hate the "coupe-sedan" class of cars. This is why I dislike the IS.

I'm beginning to think that JayJay and I have similar taste in cars lol

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
I'm surprised the looks are criticised - the XF is one of the best looking cars on the road right now.
+100 That car still causes me to stare in admiration, especially in a sea of the typical E-class and 5 series.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
lol I is teh stupid. I forgot to mention the MKS. or even the Z (both are in my driveway right now and are good. Get the cars loaded for under 55 in US)
MKS? Over an M3.
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chief41510