• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
prefer aldens to those

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
White's Semi-Dress and Aldens should never be compared style-wise. Maybe in construction but they cater to two completely different aesthetics

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
White's Semi-Dress and Aldens should never be compared style-wise. Maybe in construction but they cater to two completely different aesthetics

I agree, very different aesthetic between the two. I really like my Alden boots, they are great, but I love my new White's and they are pretty much my ideal boot. Now that I've had the chance to see these, I will be buying more White's for sure.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Those do look rather nice. I feel like i've seen something similar but can't put my finger on it. Though the color on the first and last pic look different
Stitching isn't the same, first two boots are not the same as the last. Since those are WAYWT posts though, just ask whoever posted them....

cicero79

Reaction score
Stitching isn't the same, first two boots are not the same as the last. Since those are WAYWT posts though, just ask whoever posted them....

They definitely appear to be WAYWT pics but actually from a store website. I sent them email today asking, just wondering if anybody here would know.

The first 2 pics are different boots than the last. Any help would be appreciated. Gratzi

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bananafish
Was thinking of picking up a pair of these boots, need something affordable. I've never really bought a proper pair of boots before, and while generally my tastes would be much more conservative, I'm wondering if this whole buckle/zipper thing isn't too overdone on this model:
21772_033_3.jpg
http://men.brownsshoes.com/eng_ca/pr...llSeason/21772

Plus it's a Chelsea (slip on type, note the gore under the buckle) and square toed.... At $168 I think you could be in the range of Frye?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
I agree, very different aesthetic between the two. I really like my Alden boots, they are great, but I love my new White's and they are pretty much my ideal boot. Now that I've had the chance to see these, I will be buying more White's for sure.
absolutely agree on this. how did you size them slide13? are they the "Navigator" or the "Bounty Hunter" version [ei, Smoke Jumper on Semi Dress Last] ? which sole, double leather?

i bought an SJ pair on ebay, but sized them wrong, so now they're @FS or, if they don't sell, i'll throw em back to ebay. i'll be attempting to special order a pair soon__ from Baker's this time. my mind's set on a 'Traveler Captoes' [w/c is a Semi Dress but with a 90 degree block heels, instead of cuban] ... i'm thinking brown Bullhide with dark brown Water Buffalo caps and Vibram 700 soles.

here's mine [Xposted from FS]:
WhitesSJ.jpg

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these are the regular Semi-Dress model. I ordered these straight from White and did not go through Baker as I just didn't see much advantage to it since pricing was almost identical.

I actually sent in foot tracings and they chose 11.5D which is what I thought I would be. Normally a size 12D. Alden Indy and Barrie size is 11.5D as is my Red Wing GT. These are a great fit. I'm sometimes a little wide for D (GT's are tight!) and these are a pretty wide D width. Length is a pretty solid 1/2 large I would say. Shoving my foot all the way forward I can just squeeze one finger in behind my heel which is about ideal fit for me.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thisandablunt