• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF in Atlanta meetup

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
I suggest meeting at Sids at 5 ... and then head over to Grape for D&D after that? Or should we just stick to the original plan?

I am fine with the above arrangement (meeting at Sid at 5 and then going over to Grape).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got a response from Pete at Sid's ... the Caruso trunk show will be there all day. Sid closes at 6:30 on Saturdays so if we want to check out the Caruso trunk show, we will need to adjust our meeting time a bit.

I suggest meeting at Sids at 5 ... and then head over to Grape for D&D after that? Or should we just stick to the original plan?

Suggestions are welcome...

Why not go to Figo or JCT Kitchen or Taqueria del Sol for dinner? Let's not forget we are all bigtimers so Bacchanalia is an idea. No need to make the thing move all over the city.

/suggestionsfromaguywhowon'tevenbethereandmiserablyfailedtosetupthefirstmeetupseveralmonthsago

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Why not go to Figo or JCT Kitchen or Taqueria del Sol for dinner? Let's not forget we are all bigtimers so Bacchanalia is an idea. No need to make the thing move all over the city.

/suggestionsfromaguywhowon'tevenbethereandmiserablyfailedtosetupthefirstmeetupseveralmonthsago

Bacchanalia is pricey. Not everyone here is a bigtimer!
smile.gif

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Bacchanalia is pricey. Not everyone here is a bigtimer!
smile.gif

No worries, it's not like there is any chance in hell of getting a reservation there the week of the dinner (much less for a large group).

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Did I miss the meetup?

- B

No, we are planning for this coming Saturday.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am fine with the above arrangement (meeting at Sid at 5 and then going over to Grape).
I'll be at a wedding and unable to attend, but why the Grape? You'd be better off picking up a bottle of Louis Jadot at Mac's and pounding it on the walk to Gordon Biersch.
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Did I miss the meetup? - B
Despite the never ending delays that plague this meetup, the one constant remains that you will unfortunately be unable to attend.
No, we are planning for this coming Saturday.
May I suggest:
sarcasm_detector-710628.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
Despite the never ending delays that plague this meetup, the one constant remains that you will unfortunately be unable to attend.

I feel terrible about it.

- B

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what time are things getting going?

I'm stoked.

K

fence28

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
So what time are things getting going?

I'm stoked.

K

I believe the quick answer is 5pm at Sid Mashburn (Nov. 7th) and then dinner afterwards

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm still trying to arrange my Saturday to make the meetup, but I can say for certain I won't be able to be at Sid's at 5:00. Is The Grape the set place for dinner?

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 5pm at Sids in set in stone ...

I also agree that going all the way across town to Grape might be a stretch ... something in the Sid area would be great ... isnt there a pub right beneath Sid? I do not remember the name. Maybe we can simplify things and just go there.

Thoughts?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
isnt there a pub right beneath Sid? I do not remember the name. Maybe we can simplify things and just go there.

Thoughts?

JCT Kitchen's bar is just behind Sid's. It is separate from the restaurant and quite nice. Some of the best oysters in Atlanta can be found there IMO

Northside Tavern isn't too far away...

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to push for a different time at Sid's. I'm just assuming I won't be able to make it to that part of the meetup. My hope is to make it in time for dinner, so I just want to be sure I stay updated on the plans for that part of the evening.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Northside Tavern isn't too far away...

Northside Tavern = Rocks!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I used to live around the corner.

K

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day