• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

wheelsx45

Reaction score
They are sanfordized so I doubt they will lose any length, at the very worst you could lose .5 of inch

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
got impatient and hotwashed my rockers. there is some minimal difference in the color but nowhere near the high impact/high contrast fading I was hoping for with 7 months of fairly solid wear. super hard to fade,which is bitter sweet I guess. Washed them and there was very very little indigo lost in the wash at all.

I'll post pics later on, my future father in law knows I am into jeans but somehow I think me standing out in his backyard taking pictures of jeans would make for an awkward conversation about the ins and outs of styleforum and I like to keep it to the whole 'the first rule about sF is you don't talk about sF'.

robbie

If you do decide to do it, make sure to at least wear some other pants while your KMWs are drying
wink.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
worn almost everyday since august, 3 washes, few repairs.
Ande Whall grifters
3637403354_7aa2de6ff3.jpg

3636591013_08b95c4f39.jpg

zippo finally busted through
3636590245_fe53b37dc3.jpg

other back pocket is going now.
3637407658_82ec5fc843.jpg

been cycling these a bit lately, they just get dirtier
samurai black 2+ years
3636594531_747d57f98c.jpg

3637410400_04575e86fb.jpg

3637411196_60531fae1c.jpg

Mark_Y

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Confurious
For the record, if anyone is interested in a pair, I am willing to offer proxy services given how close I live to NYC.

How can I take you up on this offer? Those are some nice looking jeans.

Espresso

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Confurious
Well the pockets are too small for my tastes and the placement is, correspondingly, too wide. I feel a majority of this would be rectified by increasing their size by about 1 1/2" in all directions. Furthermore, the balance of the upper half is skewed slightly by the inexplicable absence of a rear patch. Still, by no means a deal breaker.

For the record, these do not run true to size, but rather about a size smaller than tagged in the waist and thighs. It feels as though am basically wearing a 29. Tight, but not uncomfortably so.

What size do the uniqlo come in?

I wear a 34 in APC NS, how would you compare?

Lachy

Reaction score
Polly, I am so envious of your fades. Love both of them.
worship.gif

I doubt my S5000BKs will ever look like that, but I hardley get to wear them. You had them tapered a bit ircc, where'd you take them for that?

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KMW rockers, size 30. washed twice, highly noticeable whiskering/fading.

crotch is starting to give. placket is getting undone.
frown.gif

pics (click for larger):

Lachy

Reaction score
ctrlaltelite, looking good. Sucks the crotch is dying, going to repair or retire? Oh, and how long have you been wearing them?

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, i'm thinking of repairing, but the thigh is getting way too tight on me. right now i have these and a pair of nudies up in the faded denimz for sale/trade thread in the B&S forum. i might not sell them due to sentimentality and if i get them repaired. i'm also trying to phase out skinny jeans and the taper below the knee on this is pretty tight after you wash them.

i have had these for about 2 years now.

JSTF

Reaction score
confurious - what are the measurements on those uniqlo jeans? and what's your height & weight?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Jean Shop Skinny These needs some more wear and I'd be more than happy to oblige. Picked up in mid-December, I tried being easy on them for the first four or five months as I grew fond of the dark color but I eventually gave in and decided to mistreat them the past month or so. Pre-soak:
img0845u.jpg
img0847v.jpg

Confurious

Reaction score
New RRL Staight-legs:

3649103775_ccd7b5bb44_o.jpg
3649103793_d703efab65_o.jpg

Found them on sale. To keep or not to keep?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FitSpressCost