• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I hate leather shoes.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, at least shining them. Did it for the first time in a year. God bless suede.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Suede loafers, the croc of the igent.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Well, at least shining them. Did it for the first time in a year. God bless suede.

555 California, lower lobby, you can get a shine for $6.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like leather shoes and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny Â
00a9.png

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I was there yesterday at 9 am. Didn't have time for a shine.

I am always in LGA Terminal B, the only one without a shine stand.
frown.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's what affluent East Coast igents wear:

aspreysneakers1largeqq7.jpg

They would look awful good with pink sunglasses
smile.gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been gravitating toward suede more and more. I love the texture and versatility. And yes, the lack of having to shine is a definite plus.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell cordovan requires minimal upkeep. I spot polish mine after almost every wear, but the work really is minimal.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you not shine your shoes for a year? Do you at least put cream and then buff?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I clean+nourish+polish shoes a couple times a year or when they really need it. Usually while watching a gangster film, dunno why but it doesn't really bug me. There are places that do an ok job for cheap but I don't wanna lug all my shoes and I prefer doing all of them at the same time. You need to associate them with a fun activity, hopefully not sex as it could get messy.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm just disappointed that Mattypoo doesn't make his wife shine his shoes, in the same way that she irons his shirts and hides his sweaters.

And don't you guys have shoe shine stands where you live?

- B

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member