• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by footkings
anyone know what kind of brand are these:

I dont know what brand, but very similar to Salt or Hackett of London. It is written in japanese so maybe someone who knows japanese can help us out...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Coldsnap, do you have a picture of you in the moscot frames?
I would post one but I really REALLY messed up my hair earlier today, I'm pretty much bald and super uncomfortable. From looking at your waywt posts we had similar haircuts and style, they match the quiff really nice. Oh, and those glasses posted a bit farther up; forgot which brand they are but they are super cheap like $70 but sold out

Cosmonaut

Reaction score
where can i find some horn-rimmed glasses, that aren't huge like traditional style; they're too big for my face. and preferrably something around 200-250 or less.

airflight23

Reaction score
anyone know where I can find something pretty much identical to these but without the screws coming out on the front of both sides!?

dita-2009-spring-summer-lever-05.jpg

thanks!

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airflight23
anyone know where I can find something pretty much identical to these but without the screws coming out on the front of both sides!?

thanks!

You're not too likely to find frames like that w/o some sort of adornment at the temples. it's part of the overall look of the more classic frames. They'd look pretty blank without. Mine have 3 dots and it's part of the reason I went with them.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, you want those dots. Its a sign of quality because usually those rivets means the hinge part is anchored in.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all on here who recommended the Moscot frames. I'm a NY'er and I must have walked by Moscot and their big sign on 14th street 500 times in the past 15 years without going in. They had exactly what I was looking for.

For anyone who is considering going, the staff is super helpful and patient. They even let me do an exchange after wearing my glasses for a day.

In the end, I went with the Tortoise Hyman and the Black Lemtosh. I originally went with the Tortoise Nebb but I found them too much for me. I love the Hyman, though I do look a lot like the Verizon guy. Still waiting for my Lemtosh to be finished.

dopamine

Reaction score
I just picked these up as my new pair of glasses for class and night driving. I love them
smile.gif
. The color is quite nice too, a dark reddish brown that stands out a bit from the myriad black frames you see people wearing these days.
GG_1575U_0AOT.jpg

Leaf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airflight23

thanks!

Ray-Ban makes similar glasses. RX 5163 is the model. The lenses are little bit smaller though. But there are no screws on the front of the frame.

Attachment 17619

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need sun glasses for the summer since my current pair got lifted. I'm thinking of getting these moscot Nebbs with a polorized lense, I wear the Dannees every day as eye glasses which is a smaller version of the Nebbs. I will probably get these Nebbs and like them so much I'll want to buy another pair with prescription lenses
happy.gif

med_nebb_tort_brwn_side_4198-1.jpg

med_nebb_lt-tort_brwn_side_4194.jpg

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Coldsnap, do you have a picture of you in the moscot frames?

Originally Posted by Coldsnap
I would post one but I really REALLY messed up my hair earlier today, I'm pretty much bald and super uncomfortable.

Your post in the recent purchases thread suggests you don't have really messed up hair any longer and should therefore be forthcoming with a moscot frames fit pic.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carollesteru