• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers christmas sale

MJC8719x

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stant62
I'm sure this varies from each Brooks Brothers location, but I pay $16 to get the sides taken in at the Newbury Street location.

Thanks for the help.

Do people have any opinions on getting a duffle coat tailored. I do not want to go for a "waist suppression look," but would really just like to have some fabric removed from the sides thus maintaining the "rectangular/boxy" look the coat has.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MJC8719x
Thanks for the help.

Do people have any opinions on getting a duffle coat tailored. I do not want to go for a "waist suppression look," but would really just like to have some fabric removed from the sides thus maintaining the "rectangular/boxy" look the coat has.

Most tailors can alter the coat without any problem. Why not have BB alter it for you?

I bought a duffel from RL on deep discount and its a bit full, maybe too full. However, for me, I don't want it to fit slim, so I'm leaving it as is.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is Alden's response to my email asking about the shell Black Fleece longwings:

Dear *****
Thank you for your message. The black fleece shoes were made on the Grant last (not quite as full as the Barrie). Aside from this, the loop at the heel, labeling and the color of the outsole stain, these shoes are the same as 9751.
Happy Holidays,
Alden Shoe Co

mg428

Reaction score
Nice. As far as I see from the pictures of some Alden shoes both in Grant and Berrie last, the former is more elegant for me. I wish it will be available in Brooks' stocks, run true to my size and fit like a glove.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MaxJ360
I wanted to get some of their Fitzgerald suits, does anyone think that this sale would be the best time to get them, or wait longer? I've been waiting for some members to list them on the forum for even better prices but I never see any. It just struck me as strange that so many rlpl, and rlbl suits are posted but none of the fitz suits.

Doc Holliday has some Golden Fleece for sale on B&S for less than an 1818 goes for.

goodlife

Reaction score
Someone may have posted this already (I did not read the entire thread), but I was in the Mich. Ave. BB today and it looked liked they had cordovan collection marked down 50%. Peals were only down 25%

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by goodlife
Someone may have posted this already (I did not read the entire thread), but I was in the Mich. Ave. BB today and it looked liked they had cordovan collection marked down 50%. Peals were only down 25%

Cordovan collection is $50 off, NOT 50%.
tounge.gif

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Here is Alden's response to my email asking about the shell Black Fleece longwings:

Dear *****
Thank you for your message. The black fleece shoes were made on the Grant last (not quite as full as the Barrie). Aside from this, the loop at the heel, labeling and the color of the outsole stain, these shoes are the same as 9751.
Happy Holidays,
Alden Shoe Co

Good work, A!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by goodlife
The shells were $50.00 off when I was there Friday.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now that I've given my BF OCBDs a test run, I have to say--they're nice, but they're short. The gussets just barely make it to my waist band.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Now that I've given my BF OCBDs a test run, I have to say--they're nice, but they're short. The gussets just barely make it to my waist band.

You must have a long torso, or I have a short one, as I didn't notice this. I was so pleased with the truckload I picked up the other day, I went ahead and ordered 10 more in case they ever get discontinued. I don't wear OCBD very much, but these are perfect for when I do. Some thrifter will be pleased to see the dozen or so BB slim fit OCBD I dropped at the Goodwill the other day..
laugh.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

+1,they are pretty short.Somebody should tell BB to make them longer.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For me the body length is fine, but the sleeves are way too short. Mine have become shirts for casual wear only.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
For me the body length is fine, but the sleeves are way too short. Mine have become shirts for casual wear only.

After a few washings they shrunk or out of the box they were short ? I got a few for my Dad and
I hope he doesn't hit anything like this.

They took it off the site but there were some nice button downs that were made from a ribbed polo material. I ordered them the first day but the code doesn't show them anymore, I got the first one today. I haven't seen a shirt like this before it has the unfused collar but made of like a ribbed polo shirt material and is even more comfy then the regular OBCD.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carwyn