• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anyone ever use tom fords mtm program?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
It's more of a red delicious to golden delicious apple comparison. It looks different when your eyes are open, but tastes the same when you bite into it. - B
Fair enough. Either way, though, neither one has approached the ingenuity of "bevel jeans." I just want to put that out there.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Fair enough. Either way, though, neither one has approached the ingenuity of "bevel jeans." I just want to put that out there.

We can only wander around the bevel jean...

2001_obelisk.jpg

...but remain too primitive to know what it is.

Originally Posted by jefferyd

- B

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We can only wander around the bevel jean...
2001_obelisk.jpg
...but remain too primitive to know what it is. .. - B

Of course, civilization after many many years still did not know what, why, when, or how re: the monolith and I am not sure civilization will understand the Bevel jean either. Perhaps if one actually comes in contact with Bevel jean or goes so far as to even wear them, they start regress and age backwards.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I did not like was that the RTW coats @ TF is that the 5 workable sleeve buttons were already on the coats.. Lucky for me the sleeve length needed just a hair of taking up to finish at proper length.

I wonder why they do this on the RTW suits. Buttons were def. nice horn and felt well sewn with nice button holes. but if ur arms were short, wtf? i guess it would be 4 buttons for u ! or u do their MTM program..

their MTM program has two levels btw, one they claim is tons of hand work

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke

I wonder why they do this on the RTW suits. Buttons were def. nice horn and felt well sewn with nice button holes. but if ur arms were short, wtf? i guess it would be 4 buttons for u ! or u do their MTM program..

They would adjust it at the armhole. I asked them about it once at Bergdorf. Though, if I heard correctly, they charge $80 for that adjustment.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
Are you getting one RTW suit?

for now yes, i want to see how the final product fits - if i aboslutely love it after its done, id be wiling to shop there more

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
They would adjust it at the armhole. I asked them about it once at Bergdorf. Though, if I heard correctly, they charge $80 for that adjustment.

OK - I hope this is what they do at TF or I'll be pissed as a mofo and probably fight them in the glass perfume room

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
OK - I hope this is what they do at TF or I'll be pissed as a mofo and probably fight them in the glass perfume room

Now, those would be pics worth posting. Martial combat in a perfume room would tick off at least three boxes on the Forum Gentleman checklist.

Are you sure TF uses real horn buttons? I ask because even the Zegna Couture stuff in its heyday used plastic buttons.

Then again, Anderson & Shepard used to default to plastic buttons.

- B

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now, those would be pics worth posting.

Are you sure TF uses real horn buttons? I ask because even the Zegna Couture stuff in its heyday used plastic buttons.

Then again, Anderson & Shepard used to default to plastic buttons.

- B

Not 100% sure

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members