• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zegna sportscoat, worth it?

macaroni

Reaction score
I have found a Zegna sportcoat at outlet store. It's brown herringbone, my size, fits perfectly, looks and feels great. The cloth is a 100% cashmere. The only think is the price- it cost around 1000 $ /2,500 $ before reduction/. Do You gentleman think it is worth the price?

sehandgo

Reaction score
I guess that only you can determine if it is worth it or not. I would suggest that for that kind of money I would look for cetain signs of quality. FIrst, was the coat made in Italy? Is there hand stitching aound the collar and are the shoulders set in by hand? Has the jacket been fused or stitched to the interface? For that knid of money you should get the finest quality. I for one am increasing turned off by the price of designer clothing. It is increasingly made in sweat shops in Asia but still caring huge prices. I am buying more vintage clothing as it is better made and more unique than most of the designer stuff.

macaroni

Reaction score
The thing is I live in Poland, and I don't have many options here. Zegna is the only decent maker on the market.
And about the jacket- the shoulders looked pretty amazing /spalta camicia- that"˜s what you call it a guess/ the line was called Zegna Heritage or something... but I have to check where was it made. The fabric was lovelly... pure cashmere. By the way, does it wear well? Is it durable?

satorstyle

Reaction score
Zegna fabric is often the best thing about their clothes, if you don't have discount retail available in your area consider Ebay you can find a good buy for far less than 1000.00 dollars.

sehandgo

Reaction score
Cashmere is a luxury fabric and Zegna is one of the best fabric makers in the world. As a luxary fabric it would wear as well as wool but if you take good care of it it should hold up well.

jcriswel

Reaction score
It's worth the price if:

• with alterations, it fits you perfectly
  • it has good color and texture that provides versatility to your existing wardrobe
  • it matches you - your complexion, your personality, your lifestyle
  • you find yourself wearing it frequently
  • you think it is one the best articles of clothing in your wardrobe

If all of the above is true, then it is worth $1,000. Otherwise, wait until they have a storewide 50% off sale and get it for $500.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcriswel
It's worth the price if:

• with alterations, it fits you perfectly
  • it has good color and texture that provides versatility to your existing wardrobe
  • it matches you - your complexion, your personality, your lifestyle
  • you find yourself wearing it frequently
  • you think it is one the best articles of clothing in your wardrobe

If all of the above is true, then it is worth $1,000. Otherwise, wait until they have a storewide 50% off sale and get it for $500.

+1

macaroni

Reaction score
It fits and looks good on me. I'm a kind of a guy RTW stuff is made for. The jacket is already in 60% reduction, so I don't expect it to get any less expensive.

I will try to buy it anyway if it's still there /it's an outlet, one piece only/. If I"˜ll buy it I will post pictures.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are talking about EUR 666 approximately? That does not sound a lot for a quality sport coat that fits perfectly (?), feels great and comes in a colour and pattern that you love. I do not know where you guys find all that perfect fitting stuff in the right colour, pattern and quality reduced to more than 60%...
(Also, lucky you who get (almost) perfect fit RTW. I wish I did. Of course, that would deprive me of my conversations with my tailor, the only guy I know with whom I can discuss cloths, patterns and colours.)

macaroni

Reaction score
(Also, lucky you who get (almost) perfect fit RTW. I wish I did. Of course, that would deprive me of my conversations with my tailor, the only guy I know with whom I can discuss cloths, patterns and colours.)[/quote]

I would be lucky if i lived in lets say Italy... or England, or any other place with wide selection of classic RTW garment. Poland is not such a place... But one can get a bespoke service for much lesser then in Italy or England of the other hand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads