• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Natural Waist Size?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
21"

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how can he corset?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not exactly what your looking for, but it might be helpful.

From here: http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/311/6998/158

699808.jpeg

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BMI is pretty useless because it doesn't figure in muscle. Someone like Kunk, for instance I don't really know, could be considered overweight despite being in excellent shape.

It's as accurate as any 3 question Internet personality or love test you'll find on Facebook.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
BMI is pretty useless because it doesn't figure in muscle. Someone like Kunk, for instance I don't really know, could be considered overweight despite being in excellent shape.

It's as accurate as any 3 question Internet personality or love test you'll find on Facebook.

That's true on an individual level, but it tends to be a better representation on a population level (most people don't resemble Kunk). Either way, it's accuracy probably exceeds this poll.

imhotep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah

Gradstudent is correct.

Also, to elaborate, the BMI index is not designed to tell you how fat you look. Each of the categories corresponds to a risk percentile for developing disease. being in the overweight category simply means that your height/weight ratio puts you in a the second highest statistical risk category, when four categories are considered.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kunk doesn;t even look like kunk anymore. weighed in at 215 today.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natural waist is right about where you belly button is; it sounds like many of you are measuring your hips.

My natural waist is about 28 inch, 5' 10" height, 155 lbs.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
Obesity is increasing everywhere. Ironically, it might be driving the slim-fit trend, as those who are staying thin look worse and worse in the clothes that are being adjusted to fit the masses.

I think it is driving the slim fit trend for two reasons.

A) Slim people can't find in the baggy clothes like you said
B) Slim people want to distinguish themselves from the overweight masses

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
skinny people don;t impress me. lean muscle does.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
skinny people don;t impress me. lean muscle does.

gay.gif

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6'1" with a 29.5" waist, here. I could get it down to 29" if I started working out. With that said, I wear pants on my hips, and depending on rise and amount of vanity sizing, I fit into pants ranging from 28's to 32's.

Kodiak

Reaction score
6'0", 120lbs, 28" natural waist

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the lowest my BF has been was when I was walking around at 152 lbs, and at that point, I was a true 30" with 7% body fat. Right now, I am at about 15% BF
eh.gif
, with a 31.5" true waist (as a tailor measures it) and am at 165 lbs. I am 5'11". I do plenty of exercise, there is no way I am going to get much lower BF without stopping eat donuts and cake, both of which I looooovvveeee (just had a Boston Cream.)

I can relate to ** Penn, except for the part about being very naturally talented
plain.gif

Edit: I like to blame my non-fighting condition on having a toddler, but really, it is the donuts and cake. Who am I kidding, really?

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5'6", 128.5 lbs with a 28" waist yesterday just prior to my refeed day today (mmmmm... delicious!). I have dropped from about 13-14% BF to probably right around 10% right now, aiming for 7-8%. I'm skinny but reasonably strong for my size - aiming for a physique like a lightweight boxer. I have almost the same muscularity as Floyd Mayweather but need to drop the bodyfat some more to get the definition .... Lyle McDonald is the man!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads