• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your goals for 2010

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just like everyone else has said, I am trying to get rid off the fat around the waist.

Drink as little as possible
Try to stop smoking, but I don't know how long that's going to last

I have the strength, but not as muscular as I would like. So the ultimate goal is to increase weight from 192 currently to about 200 while maintaining a low BF.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0.80xBW OP, BW Bench, 1.5xBW Squat, 2xBW DL. I'm about 75% there on all lifts after 8 months.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get more sleep (not likely).

Do a pull-up.

Step away from the oreos.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new_04.jpg
Actually, my goal is to hit the gym 5-6 days a week and gain 10 pounds of muscle.

Invicta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
Sub-3 minute Fran.

Good ******* luck. I hit 4:03 a while back and that hurt, hurt as in I haven't tried it since.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sub-3 minute Fran.

haha after i wrote in here i wanted kinda wanted to put that in as one of my goals even though i no longer really care about metcon. last attempt was 3:38, so i'd like to see where i stand now.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That's an amazing time. One of our instructors' (ex-Olympian) was just BARELY able to crack 3, so me cracking 3 is unrealistic but whatever.

I'm new to CrossFit and I tried Fran after not working out for 3 months and having a nagging shoulder injury, so I'll be very honest when I say that my time was 8:xx. I simply didn't have the shoulder strength to bang out the thrusters without taking multiple breaks, and I didn't know how to kip at the time so I was trying to muscle my way through the pull-up. As soon as my shoulder heals, I'm going to spend a couple of months working on building up my shoulder strength and give it another whirl. If I can get under 4 minutes on my next attempt, I'll be happy. I just learned how to kip yesterday and I was able to do 20 no problem so I don't foresee pull-ups ever slowing me down in any WOD's ever again.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I simply didn't have the shoulder strength to bang out the thrusters without taking multiple breaks

Thanks.

Its all in the hips. Pop that bar up.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Climb Mt. Everest w/o oxygen (anybody want to loan me $60K?).

Actually - run a marathon under 4 hours and compete in my first triathlon.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
My goal is to drop 10 pounds of fat and add back the 10 or so of muscle I've lost over the last year from stopping weightlifting. I was once in extraordinary shape and I've slowly taken steps back. I expect to have the weight lost in 3 or 4 more weeks and the muscle back in about 4 months after that. I did serious weightlifting in highschool and college so I've got enough muscle memory that I usually make my gains back quicker than a first timer. I'm aiming for a thousand cal/day deficit with an intake around 2200/day.

The downside is that if I'm effective and get my old measurements back, I'll have a much tougher time finding RTW clothes. I may have to go MTM from here on out but don't really have the cash to do that.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to take better care of my own home.

I want to clean more frequently and spend more money on new furniture and art.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads