• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you're clothes-obsessed when...

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
You plan trips to Europe around shopping and visiting tailors rather than sightseeing, visiting friends, or relaxation.

When in London, you'd rather go to Savile Row than tour the British Museum or a catch a West End show.

You're dying to go to Naples, but couldn't care less about seeing Capri or the ruins of Pompeii.

It never entered your head to visit Budapest until you learned about Vass bespoke, and now you've already bought tickets.

EXACTLY!

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lear
You have an hour to kill in the centre of London. You find a table at some coffe shop, with a commanding view of oncoming pedestrians. You spend the next hour muttering to yourself, " no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no...no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no....n o... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no...no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no....n o... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no...no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no....n o... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no...no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no....n o... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no...no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no....n o... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no...no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no....n o... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no...no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no....n o... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no...no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no... no....n o... no... no... no...", until eventually a bloke with perfect shoes strolls past, upon which you gently mutter, "yes". You try to look as if your not staring at shoes, even pretending to read a newspaper.
Ha ha, I am subconsciously doing this all the time in London. On the tube, on the bus, in the park, at the pub, walking around. It is almost like breathing now, I don't notice I'm doing it until I see someone wearing nice shoes.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When your female acquaintances notice you look at men to size up the fit of their clothes instead of women. This happened to me with my cousin and a female coworker.

Sadly, I went to London to check out Savile Row and Jermyn Street.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When you start organizing shopping trips abroad under false pretense...

The same rule applies to business trips when changed/cancelled appointments to satisfy sartorial urges.

I remember spending more time in Venice looking for some Kiton or bespoke tailors than visiting the city itself...

The same in Paris ,Rome or Florence...

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • Your heaven is owning the clothes of the elite; your hell is knowing no one who will appreciate it.
  • Valuable antique furniture tossed out to make room for more new particle board shelving.
  • Wardrobe is so large, it's become impossible to wear anything more than twice per year.
  • You bought it, put it on, took it off, and put it back in the box/package to make it new again.
  • You dress like James Bond for supermarket excursions.
  • Buying one of anything in each available color or finish is standard procedure.
  • Friends have stopped threatening to beat you with your new belt because you consider it teasing.
  • You've antiqued all your shoes. Why not your own toes?!
  • You've stopped going out beacause that money could be better spent on more clothes.
  • Wardrobe room is immaculate - rest of home, a pig sty.

Contango

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
You plan trips to Europe around shopping and visiting tailors rather than sightseeing, visiting friends, or relaxation.

When in London, you'd rather go to Savile Row than tour the British Museum or a catch a West End show.

Truer than you'd think. When I went to Europe for my honeymoon I booked in a week in London, and spent half my time on Jermyn St.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads