• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You are what you don't Eat!

Opcn

Reaction score
We were designed to eat some meat, just because you can make it with out meat doesn't mean that it is a noble goal.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Opcn;732993 said:
We were designed to eat some meat, just because you can make it with out meat doesn't mean that it is a noble goal.[/QUOion f

I didn't ask for your opinion about my decission to abstain from meat. I wanted your distraction from it. Eat all the meat you want but bud out if cannot contribute without bashing someones conviction.

Gary

adversity04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
I must state that I and my wonderful wife have been off meat, pork and chicken for over 23 years. We do eat fish on occasion. We are both in perfect health with colesterol in the 170's.
Cholesterol is mainly genetic and diet has very little contribution to it. http://www.amazon.com/Great-Choleste...3623788&sr=8-4 Any other number of books/studies out there, this is just the first I remembered
I would like this thread to contribute to healthy food, avoiding meat, pork and chicken.
Meat is healthy, we're meant to eat it and it's only through modern times that vegetarianism has taken root.
I know that there are a significant amount of meat eaters but I'm sure you have ventured on the other side. I have talked to so many who stated that, had they not avoided their standard fair that they would not have experienced a new food.
No ****? You have to try something new to have new experiences?!?!?!? Anyways, I'd put this in a "Vegetarian Recipes" thread or something like that so that everyone knows what it is. I looked at this having no clue what it could possibly relate to. Probably put it in Social Life, Food and Drink too. And just for kicks here's an article talking about how vegetarianism is bad: http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/vegetarian.html Edit: You posted something \\\\ implying that vegetarianism is healthier/better than eating meat or better whatever, people are going to have a differing opinion from you on the matter. If it was just let to something like: "Hey I thought others might like this vegetarian dish: _DISH_RECIPE_. Everyone else please post your recipes too!" you probably wouldn't have gotten that reaction from Opcn and then what I initially posted. It came off as "This is soo much better than your way of doing things and these other people I know were like omg! when I showed them some recipes" Now back to this thread falling to hell
devil.gif

Opcn

Reaction score
I didn't ask for your opinion about my decission to abstain from meat. I wanted your distraction from it. Eat all the meat you want but bud out if cannot contribute without bashing someones conviction.

Gary

If you are only allowed to contribute when you abstain from bashing the opinions of others then your original post should be deleted, instead you asked for it to be pinned, I was going to let it go by with out saying anything but if you want to be pinned you will have to stand up to a little scrutiny.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Double D
Avoiding pork is one thing, but avoiding chicken? What the hell?

Any animal that eats its own faeces!!!!!!!!!! Well you decide what you want to eat.
Not to mention Steriods, hormones, drug resistant antibiotics, beaks seared off so they won't damage other chickens.
I'm not a PETA person at all but I am sensitive to cruelty to animals. I am though a DES baby. DES is the acronym for Diethylstibesterol which is a synthetic estrogen hormone which was prescribed to women in the late 40's and early 50's as a vitamin to assist them carrying to term. My mother miscarriaged her first and at the time in Boston, Massachusetts General Hospital was just starting to use it. My mother doctor was a researcher of the project and prescribed it to her. Fortunately, she did not take it with my five other siblings.
I won't go into everything that this harmful drug has done to male and female offsprings but Google it and you will see.
While in college I did a scientific paper for my English Lit class on it and discovered that the meat and poultry industry uses it as a way to put poundage on the animals before they are weighed for slaughter. I immediately stopped eating all meat and chicken products from that day forth. 23 years!
I encourage anyone that enjoys meat and poultry to seek free range sources for their consumtion. It's a cruel world out there and you must no the truths before you embark on anything.

Gary

Double D

Reaction score
Here for all you non believers.

http://multinationalmonitor.org/hype...5/epstein.html

Just as well I live in the European Union then.

No point preaching to the converted on the production of meat... it's well documented that the best steak is produced from free roaming cattle and the UK is at the forefront of that. Also our veal is free range by law and slaughtered later than lamb.

France on the other hand is a whole different kettle of fish. Half their cuisine seems to revolve around massive animal cruelty, not to mention that their farmers will shoot anything and everything regardless of protected status.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finding long-term retrospective studies on the incidence of breast cancer relative to vegetarian diet from reputable journals is sort of difficult, but this one seems to be fairly illuminating.

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/c...TRY=1&SRETRY=0

The take home message is that vegetarian diet isn't a determining factor in breast cancer risk and that there is very low correlation between the amount of animal protein consumption and breast cancer.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any animal that eats its own faeces!!!!!!!!!! Well you decide what you want to eat.

I never got this argument. Where do you think vegetables, as well as everything else alive, came from? The earth. What goes into the earth? Well, it's a recycling process involving dead rotten flesh, water, bacteria, urine, feces, etc....Hence, why manure is widely used as a fertilizer. This 'stuff' becomes your food. So any way you cut it, you are eating ****.

I don't care what my meat ate before it died, it processed its food as a part of digestion.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This may or may not be connected to the OP, but I find it odd that vegetarians are very preachy and very full of themselves when it comes to their lifestyle. I'm sure most of them wants to promote the obvious advantage of discarding animal fat or whatever hooha's are on the meat but sometimes I just think that what most of them are doing is just convincing and reinforcing themselves and their beliefs.

I on the other hand am still pining for a good slab of wagyu prime rib for dinner, and a bowl of steaming hot coagulated pork blood for breakfast in my favorite dimsum place.

adversity04

Reaction score
Here for all you non believers.

http://multinationalmonitor.org/hype...5/epstein.html

and here

http://www.preventcancer.com/press/e...s/jan30_89.htm

How about something that isn't from 1989 saying that the types of chemicals you're quoting are horrible are still used?

I'm not a PETA person at all but I am sensitive to cruelty to animals.
That's what PETA is though......from their About Us:
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), with more than 1.8 million members and supporters, is the largest animal rights organization in the world.

PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in laboratories, in the clothing trade, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of beavers, birds and other "pests," and the abuse of backyard dogs.
Under cruelty-free living mentions all kinds of animal cruelty stuff including the options on the right:
You Can Help
\tAdvertise in Animal Times
\tBuy Cruelty-Free
\tChoose Animal-Free Entertainment
\tGet Active
\tGo Vegetarian

\tSpay/Neuter Companion Animals
\tTeach Kindness
\tOnline Guide to Compassionate Clothing
Vegetarianism is great and all, but don't try to convince us. I would say the chicken breast is a major part of our diets in this forum.
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads