• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

you are probably already eating halal ..

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Yallu akburr! or something...

Gotta defend my faith...

no need, they will do: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4749183.ece

Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
So it's the cheaper and more abundantly available meat. People who want halal meat get it, people who don't care... don't care.

I fail to see the problem.

and people who don't want, have no choice or are not being told ..

Originally Posted by Journeyman
It was big news in Australia, but that's because we've got lots of sheep...

how about the rabbits?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldarchon
and people who don't want, have no choice or are not being told

Goddamit you are such a ******* idiot it isn't even funny. And if I can call you out on your stupidity, you really need to re-think, well, everything about your life.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
It was big news in Australia, but that's because we've got lots of sheep...

Especially in Perth. I was also involved with a girl who had been president (or whatever titles they use) of some animal liberation group. It's really not an issue I lose sleep over, but I don't really feel great about the conditions in those sheep boats.

how about the rabbits?

Myxomatosis and .22lr tamed the rabbit population pretty well in the 70s and 80s. Not so sure about the Great Rabbit Proof Fence.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and people who don't want, have no choice or are not being told ..

I honestly don't see a problem with this, though. To my knowledge, halal poses no health risks, nor does it interfere with religious diets of non-Muslims (I believe Kosher Jews accept halal, except for maybe the very strictest, but they wouldn't be buying meat off the shelf anyway).

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I honestly don't see a problem with this, though. To my knowledge, halal poses no health risks, nor does it interfere with religious diets of non-Muslims (I believe Kosher Jews accept halal, except for maybe the very strictest, but they wouldn't be buying meat off the shelf anyway).

so animal cruelty is ok if religious people tell you they need to do this to get into paradise? and yes it DOES pose health risks, there is a lot blood left in the body and may cause infections because of a much higher rate of bacteria.

but if you think non-muslims should tolerate this, tell me why muslims don't tolerate non-muslims in their own country, so now girls have to wear the veil at school?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...amic-veil.html

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^From your own link. READ
The trade body Beef & Lamb New Zealand said the form of halal slaughter used there does allow for the animals to be stunned. A spokesman said: ‘In New Zealand the process for halal slaughter is virtually the same as for non-halal slaughter.’ Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz11NgAF1Gb
oh poor you, the damn muslims have marginilised you so much.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so animal cruelty is ok if religious people tell you they need to do this to get into paradise? and yes it DOES pose health risks, there is a lot blood left in the body and may cause infections because of a much higher rate of bacteria.

but if you think non-muslims should tolerate this, tell me why muslims don't tolerate non-muslims in their own country, so now girls have to wear the veil at school?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...amic-veil.html

Um, you're completely and utterly wrong. See the above quote about stunning, first of all.

Second, one of the major tenets of halal is that there be NO blood left. Blood is considered unclean under both Jewish and Muslim dietary laws.

Third, to which country are you referring where non-Muslims aren't tolerated? Even in Saudi Arabia, there are lots of non-Muslims. It's true they can't build non-Muslim houses of worship on Saudi soil (which I think is wrong), but they're certainly there. I'm sure Yemen and Qatar have similar restrictions. Other than that, I can't think of any Muslim-majority country that would have such restrictions.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Um, you're completely and utterly wrong. See the above quote about stunning, first of all.

Second, one of the major tenets of halal is that there be NO blood left. Blood is considered unclean under both Jewish and Muslim dietary laws.

Third, to which country are you referring where non-Muslims aren't tolerated? Even in Saudi Arabia, there are lots of non-Muslims. It's true they can't build non-Muslim houses of worship on Saudi soil (which I think is wrong), but they're certainly there. I'm sure Yemen and Qatar have similar restrictions. Other than that, I can't think of any Muslim-majority country that would have such restrictions.

a spokesman speaks the truth after newspapers find out corporations don't tell the whole truth to their customers? no way ..

second, there is no blood left in the arteries, halal doesn't guarantee that all blood gets out like modern slaughter. period. inform yourself before you speak up. AND IT IS STILL ANIMAL CRUELTY.

third you are unable to click the link below my comment and then start your reply with "Um, you're completely and utterly wrong"? well, you better don't speak at all. but I guess you are right, this cult from 7th century does have some interesting rituals ..

000yb24d

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads