• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yoko Devereaux sizing

Debaser

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the sizing of Yoko D? Particularly their blazers. I'm wondering what chest sizes XL and L correlate to.

rearviewmirror

Reaction score
Can't relate to the sizing of their blazers; however, YD T-shirts are fairly slim fitting -- I have a 36" chest and wear a medium.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The jackets are cut slim. The hooded blazer from last winter, I fit perfectly into a 42, and I take a 50Eu in Costume National (I am 5'11" and about 165 lbs, with a 39-40 chest and a 32-33 waist.). The t-shirts are fitted, but not excessively so. I have a large tee, and it is pretty relaxed on me. Wish I had gotten a medium.

Debaser

Reaction score
Hrmm...I would guess an XL then, probably. I have a 42" chest. I find it obnoxious when there is a total absence of sizing information on a website like style.com.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hrmm...I would guess an XL then, probably. I have a 42" chest. I find it obnoxious when there is a total absence of sizing information on a website like style.com.

Definitely go with the XL.

As for absence of info, that is at least partially deliberate. It's part of the "if you don't know, you're not the costumer we're interested in" attitude (and this is as true for traditional habedaseries as well as for "hipster" wear) that makes me want to go kick some skinny, undernourished or fat, overfed ass, as the case may be.

Dill

Reaction score
I also like how THERE IS NO LINK to yoko anywhere on the shop.style.com. They only way I can get to their section is by clicking a link I got in an e-mail.

Edit: I like the fleece blazer, but am a bit hesitant to spend $200 bucks on it. Do you think this would pill up like my fleece jackets do?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the trigger. On good cotton fleece, pilling is minimal unless you are climbing through bramble. The cut of YD stuff is amazing. Really. Would look good with Earnest Sewn jeans and and Engineered Garments belt. Boy, I must have forgotten my sense of shame at home, or maybe my last jeans purchase (not completely fiancee endorsed, especially since I am sporting a brand new pair of MY-7s) cost me that as well.

Debaser

Reaction score
You said the tees are a bit more relaxed, so even though I'm getting an XL blazer, would you suggest Large for the t-shirts?

Dill

Reaction score
Pull the trigger. On good cotton fleece, pilling is minimal unless you are climbing through bramble. The cut of YD stuff is amazing. Really. Would look good with Earnest Sewn jeans and and Engineered Garments belt. Boy, I must have forgotten my sense of shame at home, or maybe my last jeans purchase (not completely fiancee endorsed, especially since I am sporting a brand new pair of MY-7s) cost me that as well.
I ordered it today
smile.gif

sam

Reaction score
FYI, this [ebay.com] is a great Yoko Devereaux jacket if you're a 38 (runs small). There's a brown one on ebay too. Very cool. Edit: has anyone seen the black one in a 42 anywhere?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, this [ebay.com] is a great Yoko Devereaux jacket if you're a 38 (runs small). There's a brown one on ebay too. Very cool. Edit: has anyone seen the black one in a 42 anywhere?
Great guy to work with (Mike at Local Legend.) I bought the corduroy version from him off line (I needed a size 42, since, as pointed out, the cuts are incredibly small). Super fast shipping. The day I paid, vi USPS Priority. I would've preferred the cashmere, but he didn't have any in my size. The cashmere version is even smaller than the cord and wool versions, and I would say would even fit a smaller size than 38, depending primarily on the broadness of your shoulders. The waist is really quite slim, as is the chest.

sam

Reaction score
Thanks, didn't know that about the black cashmere version---I'll look for a 44.

I've visited the store and he also has the matching brown cord pants from Yoko Devereaux for half off (now $125). Great cut. Again, they run really small---I'm a 31 and the 34 fit me great. His website is locallegend.net. Maybe get one of those Kurtz caps too, so you can look like J. Lo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads