• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

xbox [bad word] 360

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, the funny thing is i dont play video games that much.

the sad thing is im on my third xbox now, and going on my 3rd controller in less than a year.

Ok, so my first xbox died, red ring of death. I bring it back to the store i bought it because i had a 1 year warranty. They replace it and a month later i get the n75 (or something like that) code error.
So now, im on a microsoft replacement, who knows how long that will last.

Last night, playing some battlefield 2 online, my left thumbstick is totally fucked making playing a pain **********.

I bought the system primarily to stream video on to from my computer.

I own 1 360 game.

******* pos hardware

r...

Reaction score
Thats because it was made by microsoft. Had it been made by apple none of these issues would have happened. It would have just worked.

dc3

Reaction score
I did the heat gun fix and it worked for 3 months. I did the heat gun fix again and it only worked for a week. Everyone I know with a 360 has got the rrod lol.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
So, the funny thing is i dont play video games that much.

the sad thing is im on my third xbox now, and going on my 3rd controller in less than a year.

Ok, so my first xbox died, red ring of death. I bring it back to the store i bought it because i had a 1 year warranty. They replace it and a month later i get the n75 (or something like that) code error.
So now, im on a microsoft replacement, who knows how long that will last.

Last night, playing some battlefield 2 online, my left thumbstick is totally fucked making playing a pain **********.
I bought the system primarily to stream video on to from my computer.

I own 1 360 game.

******* pos hardware

This is happening to me now. The thumbstick sticks to one side, I never have a proble while playing but it is annoying.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SWEET MOTHER TRUCKER!!!!! 3/4 Red Rings this morning and I'm out of warranty.
facepalm.gif

$100 to fix or $300 to buy a new one, plus transfer cord. Which do I choose?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dc3
I did the heat gun fix and it worked for 3 months. I did the heat gun fix again and it only worked for a week. Everyone I know with a 360 has got the rrod lol.

I haven't (knock on wood). Most people I know haven't either.

Originally Posted by Slopho
SWEET MOTHER TRUCKER!!!!! 3/4 Red Rings this morning and I'm out of warranty.
facepalm.gif

$100 to fix or $300 to buy a new one, plus transfer cord. Which do I choose?

You could try to get it fixed locally. They usually charge quite a bit less than Microsoft, plus you won't have to pay for shipping.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attention!!! Attention!!! I have made a decision regarding my X-Box 360, not that any of you lug-nuts were any help
ffffuuuu.gif
(not you onion...I think I'm falling for you
inlove.gif
) I have decided to get a new X-Box arcade for $200 and throw my hard drive on top.

Problem solved, go back to living you lives as normal.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Attention!!! Attention!!! I have made a decision regarding my X-Box 360, not that any of you lug-nuts were any help
ffffuuuu.gif
(not you onion...I think I'm falling for you
inlove.gif
) I have decided to wise up and get a PS3.

Problem solved, go back to living you lives as normal.

FTFY.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
FTFY.

HA!! Have you seen what Halo Reach is going to look like?? I've also played through Gears of War 1 & 2, I have to know how this ends!! You want me to go back and play what "Killzone"?? C'mon!!!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not that any of you wants to hear this, but the latest XBox hardware/chipset has finally fixed the RROD issue (or at least minimized the risk of its occurrence). You need to buy an XBox machine manufactured after a certain date (late '08 I believe? Google it, though, just to make sure). I have an XBox made with the "Jasper" chipset, and it's been working perfectly for as long as I've owned it.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Xbox 360, from almost 2 years ago, has never RROD'd on me, or had any other problems.

The grand irony is that my TV (which I ONLY use for Xbox, no tv) won't set to the channel I need to play video games on because it's not connected to any antennae.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads