• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.tailorstore.com - anyone try ordering any of their $40 MTM shirts?

fashion_newbie

Reaction score
Just did an order, a white oxford. $46, 4-6 wks. I'll update with pics when I get it. I based the measurements on a Zegna shirt I have and I really like the fit.

Also, for those wondering, they do offer removable collar stays ($6) and MOP buttons (also $6, I believe).
These were my measurements, my first shot at measuring something:

Collar size \t39.1 cm \t15.4 "
Back width \t49.5 cm \t19.5 "
Chest width \t55.9 cm \t22 "
Waist width \t51.6 cm \t20.3 "
Bottom width \t53.7 cm \t21.1 "
Sleeve length \t65.1 cm \t25.6 "
Lower sleeve length \t55.9 cm \t22 "
Cuff width \t22.4 cm \t8.8 "
Armpit width \t25.4 cm \t10 "
Shirt length \t76.2 cm \t30 "

Does any of that seem off? Obviously, you have nothing to compare it against but does it seem reasonable?

Thanks

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here My shirt just came in too - ordered it about 3 weeks ago, it shipped March 13th, got here today. My measurements were: Neck \t 15.75 Inches Chest \t41 Inches Waist \t36 Inches Hips \t37 Inches Back \t20 Inches Arm length \t27 Inches Cuff \t7.8 Inches Biceps \t14 Inches Shirt length \t28.2 Inches The shirt was of a much better quality than I expected. I ordered the base oxford, pink with white french cuffs and collar.. everything else standard.. I think I was one of the last to get non-removable collar stays..
frown.gif
They shirt came out very good, definitely wearable, but the sleeves are too long and a lot of things need to be adjusted. I am a bit athletic with wide shoulders and chest (for my size, hah) so I was going a bit conservative. Definitely ordering.. well.. a lot more shirts from them. Probably going to change the following: Neck - stays the same chest - stays the same waist - 34.5 (-1.5") hips - 38 (+1") back - 19 (-1") sleeve length 25.5 (-1.5") this was the worst one, probably because back was overdone also. cuffs 7.5 (-0.3") Biceps 13.25 (-0.75") guess I'm no arnold
frown.gif
Shirt length 28.2 same What do you guys think? Two biggest problems with the shirt are that the back is puffing out a bit, sleeves are two long. After that I just want ot fit it a bit closer to my body (I got slim fit + regular sleeves) Otherwise I am very impressed with the shirt. They make the process so damn fun and so many shirts to choose from.. I am making a military style shirt next and a couple of nice formal ones with french cuffs and all that.

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy Biggins
The armholes on my shirt are as high as possible without being too high, I guess. I think I will lower them by .75 inches next time, though.

I will take some pictures soon, but for now, you will have to settle for a low quality video of me wearing the shirt.
laugh.gif

By the way, the sleeves are not as short as they appear to be -- they are pushed up with the cufflinks undone.

Edit:

Here are the measurements that I gave Tailor Store:

Collar: 14.5
Chest: 19.5
Waist: 17.5
Bottom: 19.5
Length: 27.5
Sleeve: 24.75
Back: 16
Armpit: 8.5
Cuff: 8.25

great track!

I just ordered mine...report back when it comes in. I measured off a well fitting ****, as well. opted for the removable stays, but not the MOP...they didn't look too interested.

brlfvr

Reaction score
I also ordered base price shirt with removable stays and no MOP. Based off a Ben Sherman with a few tweaks. Should get it this week. Good customer service as mentioned on earlier posts.

ruck13180

Reaction score
I just got mine today. I just ordered the standard white shirt. It is GARBAGE. It doesn't even compare to Jantzen or MyTailor. I will never order from them again. I did however order a tie and like the quality very much.

Nathan

Styk33

Reaction score
Flambeur, I had to adjust my measurements very similarily to how you adjusted yours. I have not ordered another shirt from tailorstore.com. Jantzen has been giving a great turnaround time (over the last four months) and Ricky is cheaper right now (the dollar is falling though).

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if they are expanding their fabrics anytime soon?? I'm going to try a trial shirt but even if its great, there are maybe 1/2 dozen other fabrics that are wearable.

dl

junkyard dog

Reaction score
hey guys, great thread, a lot of info.

a few questions before I order my shirt from tailorstore.com

1) is it best to base measurements off your body or a shirt. I'm thinking maybe just pop in to a local tailor and get them to do my exact measurements?

2) i'd like to order a shirt that i can wear untucked as well. How long would you suggest i have the shirt hang so i can both tuck it in and wear it out? down to my mid crotch? i'm 5'8 if that helps. do i go with the classic "tail" or the straight cut bottom

3) for style, is the cut-away collar the best way to go? is a white collar/white cuff still an "in style" option or has that passed?

DjSap

Reaction score
Originally Posted by junkyard dog
hey guys, great thread, a lot of info.

a few questions before I order my shirt from tailorstore.com

1) is it best to base measurements off your body or a shirt. I'm thinking maybe just pop in to a local tailor and get them to do my exact measurements?

2) i'd like to order a shirt that i can wear untucked as well. How long would you suggest i have the shirt hang so i can both tuck it in and wear it out? down to my mid crotch? i'm 5'8 if that helps. do i go with the classic "tail" or the straight cut bottom

3) for style, is the cut-away collar the best way to go? is a white collar/white cuff still an "in style" option or has that passed?

1. Get the measurements from a shirt that fits you well and adjust anything that you want changed.

2. Just check an existing shirt, the length varies depending on torso length and how high up you wear your pants.

3. Well since you mentioned also wearing the shirt untucked I'm guessing that would mean no tie, in which case a cut-away shouldn't be used, cut-aways should be worn with ties and usually only wider knots. Contrasting collar and cuff depends on the office setting, and normally it should only be worn with suit and a tie.

fashion_newbie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruck13180
I just got mine today. I just ordered the standard white shirt. It is GARBAGE. It doesn't even compare to Jantzen or MyTailor. I will never order from them again. I did however order a tie and like the quality very much.

Nathan

Would you care to explain what made it garbage? I'm curious.

ruck13180

Reaction score
The material is terrible. I have a $20 Paul Frederick shirt that is better quality. You would be much better off with Jantzen.

mmize

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruck13180
The material is terrible. I have a $20 Paul Frederick shirt that is better quality. You would be much better off with Jantzen.

Which material did you go with?

ruck13180

Reaction score
I just went with the standard white shirt for $39.95 or something like that. Anything more expensive and I think you would be much better off going with mytailor.com.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics