• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would I be Hermes man...

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the consensus is I'd be a poor Hermes man. The worst possible scenario!! Argh.
ffffuuuu.gif

bbhewee

Reaction score
on every important occasion neglecting my other belts (Hermes Belt signify that I am a Chinese Alpha Male) in the future if I have extra budget i plan to get new buckle and strap but for now I have to complete my staple wardrobe first
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
And I've read this blog before. But somehow he always manages to outdo himself.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He did annoy me at first when I read through his blog.

However, that said, he is fairly consistent, he loves clothes, and loves what he perceives as the best stuff. I do not really see anything majorly wrong with that. His obsession with brand labels is fairly typical, nothing unusual there. He has not yet worked out that Gucci or Armani are hardly the best, far from it in fact. Nothing wrong with Gucci or Armani, but believing they are the best is a fairly big stretch of imagination. I have yet to meet a truly wealthy person, with class and style, that also has a wardrobe packed with Armanis, Pradas or Guccis. Brand whoring is much more fodder for lower - middle classes (how many football thugs in England/Italy do you see dressed up in "exclusive" Stone Island clothing? Burberry caps anyone?).

I once turned up to an interview wearing a Prada suit. One of the guys interviewing me looked me up and down and said "is that a designer label suit?". I said yes, it is a "Prada". He then said "if you want to work here, you need to have a better suit than that". I said "whats better than Prada?". He said "Just about everything else is better".

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lesamourai
Haha. So, did you get the job?

Nope, but the interview was very valuable, and on that basis, I did get other jobs. The guy, despite his remarks over my choice of suit, was actually very interesting to talk to. He said to me after interview that I needed to work on certain areas of my professional profile, but if I am not selected, he would be interested if I get in touch with him in a few years time. I might take him up on that offer.

Originally Posted by Knisse
Klobber.. I agree with you in almost all your saying, except i do not think you are telling the truth regarding that Prada suit. Noone, is going to say that, come on...

LOL - seriously did happen my man. Heck, I have interviewed candidates before and had to stop myself commenting on their choice of attire. It is a professional environment, not red carpet events!

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
I once turned up to an interview wearing a Prada suit. One of the guys interviewing me looked me up and down and said "is that a designer label suit?". I said yes, it is a "Prada". He then said "if you want to work here, you need to have a better suit than that". I said "whats better than Prada?". He said "Just about everything else is better".

Cool story brah.

johnQuest

Reaction score
not to forget the Hermes Belt is worn on every
important occasion neglecting my other belts (Hermes Belt signify that I am a Chinese Alpha Male) in the future if I have extra budget i plan to get new buckle and strap but for now I have to complete my staple wardrobe first

hahahah

thunderthighs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
I have yet to meet a truly wealthy person, with class and style, that also has a wardrobe packed with Armanis, Pradas or Guccis. Brand whoring is much more fodder for lower - middle classes (how many football thugs in England/Italy do you see dressed up in "exclusive" Stone Island clothing? Burberry caps anyone?).
It's par for the course in SE Asia, where the standard measure of success is how many labels you can display per square inch of body surface area. There is a reason why these and other so-called "luxury brands" are foaming at the mouth watching the rise of the wealthy class in China. EDIT: You said "with class and style," missed that part. Nevermind.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thunderthighs
It's par for the course in SE Asia, where the standard measure of success is how many labels you can display per square inch of body surface area. There is a reason why these and other so-called "luxury brands" are foaming at the mouth watching the rise of the wealthy class in China.
Problem is, those alleged "luxury brands" have made themselves too popular, especially in mainland China. "how many labels you can display per square inch of body surface area". Most people in China can't afford the real mccoy, so they buy counterfeits. They know what they're wearing is copies and don't really care, just as long as they have some obvious branding, e.g. LV, Often these branded products will have no relationship to the real thing. I'm quite sure that Burberry does not do wheelchairs, but wheelchairs done out in the distinctive plaid are quite a common sight, especially in Hong Kong. The supermarkets and indoor markets have many cheap garments in all shapes and sizes, mostly with some obvious western designer branding on them. e.g. Burberry London, Emporio Armani, Zegna, Gucci, LV, Hermes, D&G, etc, etc,., along with pseudo branding like 'Fashion', 'Style' and 'Vogue'. Q. Would I be 'Hermes man'? A. NO!!, not for all the tea in China. I might be considered 'alpha male' in this city, but I'm not Chinese.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
Mike, do you speak Mongolian?
Only a few words. I've been concentrating on Mandarin, as this is much more useful throughout China. BTW The peasantry wears Prada.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads