• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worsted Tex 1962-1969

rros

Reaction score
Hello all, is there anyone here familiar with this men's clothing style? What are the chances of finding a tailor who can cut jackets/suits this way? Is there such a thing as "blueprints/models" one can get his/her hands unto to make these jackets? Like old manuals... or my only hope is a time machine? As you may guess, I am not sure what I am talking about :)

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that this was a brand, not necessarily a style.

Check out reruns of The Odd Couple. They supplied Tony Randall's suits.

rros

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, a brand. House of Worsted Tex. I guess a picture would have been better to describe the style independently of the brand:

TonyThe Tailor

Reaction score

Hello all, is there anyone here familiar with this men's clothing style? What are the chances of finding a tailor who can cut jackets/suits this way? Is there such a thing as "blueprints/models" one can get his/her hands unto to make these jackets? Like old manuals... or my only hope is a time machine? As you may guess, I am not sure what I am talking about :)

This was an alternate brand for 'Botany 500' by Daroff & Sons of Philadelphia, my father was a designer there during that time and I have the old patterns and specs which I use to make my own collection with.
If there were 2 stores in a city, one carried Botany and the other WorstedTex. Daroff went belly up in the early 70's and the labels were sold off in bankruptcy.

During this time they also made the suits for the television shows Bewitched and Get Smart.

Last edited:

rros

Reaction score
This was an alternate brand for 'Botany 500' by Daroff & Sons of Philadelphia, my father was a designer there during that time and I have the old patterns and specs which I use to make my own collection with.
If there were 2 stores in a city, one carried Botany and the other WorstedTex. Daroff went belly up in the early 70's and the labels were sold off in bankruptcy.
During this time they also made the suits for the television shows Bewitched and Get Smart.

Tony, when you say you have the old patterns and specs... what does this exactly mean? And thank you for the interesting information.

ANGEL SANCHEZ

Reaction score
Hello! Tony:

I do not know how old are you, but you say that your father worked for Daroff right? I remember that on 1967 i visited
this factory in downtawn Philadelphia and I had a short meeting with the person in charge of designing, I don´t remember
his name but i think that had italian origin, He was who invented the pressing machine "Collar Master",, in those times a revolutionary
way to give the correct anatomic shape to collars. One of the most important hidden secrets of the insuperable quality
of Men´s Suit "Botany 500".
If you are your son or maybe relative of him, congratulations , this quality up till now, even Zegna has not been reached.

tonythetailor

Reaction score
You met with Michael Mutlese, Daroff's head of manufacturing, who invented the "Korrect Kollar" machine, which revolutionized the ready made clothing industry. My father was Joseph Paranzino, Mutlese's right-hand man and pattern maker. I learned my trade at his knee starting when I was 9, I am now 47.

Last edited:

TonyThe Tailor

Reaction score
You met with Michael Mutlese, Daroff's head of manufacturing, who invented the "Korrect Kollar" machine, which revolutionized the ready made clothing industry. My father was Joseph Paranzino, Mutlese's right-hand man and pattern maker. I learned my trade at his knee starting when I was 9, I am now 47.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mujuniriyt