• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Work Clothes for HOT weather

JonSmythe

Reaction score
I am going to be working in south Texas and I need some reccomendations for new clothes that would be more suitable for the extremely hot/humid clothing than what I typically wear to work in the northeast. Does anyone have recommendations for some lightweight dress pants/shirts that would be fine in this type of weather? I am NOT looking forward to the Texan summer so any help to ease the pain would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Depends on your job, location and working conditions. If you're outdoors - good luck! In Houston we drive everywhere and offices all have AC so I am out in the elements in office clothes only for minutes at a time. I have lightweight suits and jackets but even without them I wouldn't feel the heat much on the job.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seersucker...that's the ticket.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Linen might be a fabric you'd want to invest in. It's an airy type fabric and it'll allow your body to breathe easier.

If all else fails, wear a birthday suit.
laugh.gif
When people ask, just say "I thought I was wearing clothes of the finest silks!"

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Panama hat will keep the sun off your melon, thusly aiding in keeping you cool. Give Optimo a try for your weekendwear. For workwear buy the cheapest lightest straw hat you can find. And drink a lot of water. Good ol' H2O and lots of it because if you don't drink enough, dehydration will rob you of your strength and stamina. Talk to as many locals as you can when you arrive for even more tips. Best of luck on the new job.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I roasted last summer during the heat, so for this summer I've gotten a couple of unlined linen suits and a poplin suit. Hopefully they'll keep me cool, particularly when I travel to some very hot and humid places in June and July.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads