• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wool/Paper blend - Burberry Prorsum jacket

DandySF

Reaction score
I recently purchased a made in Italy Burberry Prorsum sport coat. I figured it was made of wool. When I finally looked at the label I was surprised to see the fiber content was 58% wool, 42% paper. Once I saw that I decided to return it to Bloomingdales.

Has anyone had experience with paper fiber? For a jacket that was originally $1,450, I'd expect just about anything but paper on the label. I'm disappointed because I was delighted with the jacket (grey herringbone, peak lapels, double vented, single button, great lapel roll).

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DandySF
When I finally looked at the label I was surprised to see the fiber content was 58% wool, 42% paper. Once I saw that I decided to return it to Bloomingdales.
If you liked it enough to buy it, who the hell cares? Jil Sander makes a lot of garments made with paper. It's not like they're gonna melt if you get them wet....

DandySF

Reaction score
I know that wool performs beautifully. I have no idea how paper might wear, so I figured it's best not to take a chance. It did seem that wrinkles persisted more than with wool.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paper: another term for rayon/viscose?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DandySF
It did seem that wrinkles persisted more than with wool.

I believe the paper content should have had the opposite affect, making it more wrinkle resistant.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku

If you liked it enough to buy it, who the hell cares? Jil Sander makes a lot of garments made with paper. It's not like they're gonna melt if you get them wet....

+ 1, you either like something or you dont. If you throw away something you like based on some material, then

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
+ 1, you either like something or you dont. If you throw away something you like based on some material, then

I have to agree with you. Burberry Prorsum was supposed to be a runway clothings and they are the highest grade of Burberry line.

I have never owned anything made of Paper, but it is probably because most of things that I buy are cheaper if they were made with non-paper material. It is a silly assumption, but I gave it a try!

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 84 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 161 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 80 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 42 8.5%