• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woodlore/Catherine Elliot trees in EG last 202

omjk

Reaction score
Hi, does anybody keep their shoes with this tree/shoe last combination?

I read elsewhere on SF that EG does not manufacture a 202 last-specific shoe tree.

Can UK members recommend where they buy quality trees from, and whether they have and like Catherine Elliot trees?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, i use the Woodlore Epic/Costco trees in a pair of last 202 Chelseas. havent had a problem with them at all. what concerns do you have?

omjk

Reaction score
Catherine Elliot? I think you mean Cathcart Elliot

Cathcart Elliot indeed. Thoughts?

what concerns do you have?

Just want to make sure I'm doing my best by my new shoes, haha. The costco trees will demand international shipping, which is why I am wondering if the Cathcart Elliot (CE) trees work as well.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
honestly, i feel the Epic works fine for the 202. i use the Epic in some John Lobbs i have and i feel they do the job fairly closely to the lasted trees that came with other JL's in my shoe rack. i haven't really seen the need to pay extra for lasted, branded shoe trees thus far (although i gladly accept them when included in the package)...recently though i ordered them with my first EG MTO (Oundle on the 888), although that decision was more to treat myself with a little something extra than to see what all the fuss was about
laugh.gif

Pengranger

Reaction score
I use the Cathcart Elliot cedar trees in EG 202's. They fit well.

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by omjk
Cathcart Elliot indeed. Thoughts?

I've got about 9 pairs of trees from Cathcart Elliot, in Grenson, Cheaney, C&J, Church's shoes, and they fit all of them very well.

omjk

Reaction score
Thanks for giving me the advice I wanted. I shall buy some Cathcart Elliot trees. Woodlore trees are more expensive to the UK purchaser because of postage.

Best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads