Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Crane's, Oct 21, 2010.

1. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

Do you know a place to get Sno seal and Obenauf for a good price online? Amazon seems to be the only place.

There's a guy on ebay that sells obenaufs for cheap.

2. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Do you know a place to get Sno seal and Obenauf for a good price online? Amazon seems to be the only place.

cabela's

3. alexspecs

alexspecs Member

There's a guy on ebay that sells obenaufs for cheap.

I think I purchased from the same dude. Seems to be the only obenauf's stuff listed. Got mine and nothing wrong with it. Solid.

4. carl_muffin

carl_muffin Member

Picking up my Wolverine 721's today from Derby, UK can't wait to get them on my feet!! Is snoseal easy to get hold of in the UK??

Will post pictures shortly!!

Loving the thread as well
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Picking up my Wolverine 721's today from Derby, UK can't wait to get them on my feet!! Is snoseal easy to get hold of in the UK??

Will post pictures shortly!!

Loving the thread as well
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sounds great! Can't wait to see the pics and read about your first impressions. I have no clue where you get Sno seal or Obenauf LP across the pond.

6. kboy

kboy Member

Only place i've found sno-seal in the uk is tiso

http://www.tiso.com/shop/atsko/sno_seal_wax/

And speaking of sno-seal. Just got my 1k boots and need to treat them for the first time. This will be with rainy uk weather in mind so got me some sno-seal. Is it a bad idea to use that for the first treatment or should I get some boot oil or similar for the first round?

7. natw

natw New Member

What about applying sno-seal to the sole? I always hear about how you shouldn't wear leather soled shoes in the wet because of how the soles will soak up water. Would some sno-seal help with that?

8. handsometigers

handsometigers Senior member

Would you apply sno-seal and obenauf or is it just one or the other?

9. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

What about applying sno-seal to the sole? I always hear about how you shouldn't wear leather soled shoes in the wet because of how the soles will soak up water. Would some sno-seal help with that?

Don't go there.

Would you apply sno-seal and obenauf or is it just one or the other?

Use either Snoseal or Obenauf LP. No need to use both.

Only place i've found sno-seal in the uk is tiso

http://www.tiso.com/shop/atsko/sno_seal_wax/

And speaking of sno-seal. Just got my 1k boots and need to treat them for the first time. This will be with rainy uk weather in mind so got me some sno-seal. Is it a bad idea to use that for the first treatment or should I get some boot oil or similar for the first round?

I use both. First I use a good boot oil and then a few days later I Snoseal them. That way I know the leather is adequately nourished and water proofed.

10. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

In regard to the smooth leather sole, when those wear down— couldn't you get these resoled with a lug sole?

edit: also, this thread is the most legitimate thing I've read on SF in a long time.

11. habitant

habitant Senior member

Don't let your customers see your fancy boots, they'll probably think you're ripping them off!

12. goodtrade

goodtrade Active Member

Could someone tell me how these boots size in comparison to a Redwing boot, or other widely available boot/shoe.

I am in Australia and want to get my size right before ordering online.

Many thanks.

13. kboy

kboy Member

I tried a redwing gentleman traveller that fitted me and it was a uk7.5, got the wolverine 1k in uk8, fits good too

14. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

My thanks go out to Cranes for his review of these boots. I just received a pair from my wife today for my birthday, and are my first pair of shell cordovan shoes/boots. I'm traditionally not a fan, at all, of shell, but these, being a surprise from my wife, are definitely an exception. I am definitely happy with the quality, especially considering that I had my heart set on a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers over 1000 Miles beforehand. My feelings before were my observations of the difference in leather quality and the overall construction, but these special editions have channeled soles, which to my recollection are not present on the regular 1000 Miles.

These boots were worn all day and felt like I've had them for five years!

My wife especially enjoyed the dichotomy of Crane's masculine, utilitarian review and the other reviews which she called out as effeminate nit-pickers.[​IMG]

15. kitonotik

kitonotik Senior member

Im about to pull the trigger on these boots, but the pair that I am looking at seems to be opaque at best and doesnt luster as nicely as the boots you have here. Saw them at the Allen Edmonds store and while the floor sample lusters beautifully, the models in the boxes seem to be dull. If I do buy these boots, what are the recommended steps to get luster out of the leather?

Apologies if this has been discussed answered already.