• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Jdub6

Reaction score
Lathams on STP for about $130 (35% off). Just a friendly heads up. Have had better luck with seconds then firsts:)

kbasanti

Reaction score
Dear members,
Here is an update of my boots. I live in Vancouver Canada and got this topy done today at Moneysworth best quality shoe repair store in the basement of pacified mall. Dropped the shoes at 10am got it back at 2 pm.. They did an awesome job for just 35$.

Hey, where is the shop located? i live in vancouver as well and am looking to get get a rubber sole on the bottom

Last edited:

milw50717

Reaction score
This seems to be one of those threads that upon entering some people leave common sense and the ability to read at the door.

kbasanti

Reaction score
"Moneysworth best quality shoe repair store in the basement of pacified mall. "

Well if you lived in vancouver, you know know that there is no mall called "pacified mall", so thats why i asked for the specific location and whether it was a small strip mall that i do not know of

digga

Reaction score
I'm guessing its an autocorrect error since googling the store name tells me it's actually in Pacific Centre.

hyong91

Reaction score
Dear members,
Here is an update of my boots. I live in Vancouver Canada and got this topy done today at Moneysworth best quality shoe repair store in the basement of pacified mall. Dropped the shoes at 10am got it back at 2 pm.. They did an awesome job for just 35$.

Nice work,
but i prefer east van shoe , the female cobbler that does a really good job on mine wolverine and aldens as well.
shes great!! :)

BCer

Reaction score

Nice work,
but i prefer east van shoe , the female cobbler that does a really good job on mine wolverine and aldens as well.
shes great!!  :)

Agreed, I've had 8 or so pair Topy'd by her, and she does a great job, and takes pride in her work...you can't go wrong with her.

vandamage

Reaction score
I have been reading this forum for the last couple of weeks while I was looking for a good deal on 1k boots or RW Beckman's. I ordered a pair of rust 1k boots from Amazon through F.S. Fashion. A day or so after ordering the boots I found an old post where someone mentioned F.S. Fashion was selling factory seconds posing as firsts so I was a bit nervous. I just picked the boots up and they came in the original box with the Wolverine cloth, etc. I inspected them for the problems I had read about people having with firsts and seconds people had received in the mail. Mine appear to be perfect and have none of the problems people had posted about. I paid $196 shipped and couldn't be happier. I ordered these one Monday so maybe the deal is still out there.

Justinkelly

Reaction score
I got a pair from Nordstrom. I'm a 10.5d on the brannock and a 10d 1k fit right. Having said that, the box was torn to crap, it looks like a pair someone returned and for some reason decided to take a knife to the box. Boots are fine with a blemish here and there, most of which rubbed out. I don't really care because I'll beat the shoes up, but in the box were only the shoes in plastic bags. Do they still come with the cloth and leather tag?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a pair from Nordstrom. I'm a 10.5d on the brannock and a 10d 1k fit right. Having said that, the box was torn to crap, it looks like a pair someone returned and for some reason decided to take a knife to the box. Boots are fine with a blemish here and there, most of which rubbed out. I don't really care because I'll beat the shoes up, but in the box were only the shoes in plastic bags. Do they still come with the cloth and leather tag?

Yes

milw50717

Reaction score

Consider returning them or asking for partial refund. Nordstrom has excellent return policies as we have been told on this forum, but they really should not be selling items that have a damaged box and missing contents, no matter how minor.

If indeed these are returns, then Nordstrom should have refused the return as the item as it looks to be an abuse of their return policy. Did the boots show signs of wear when you received them ?

Justinkelly

Reaction score

Consider returning them or asking for partial refund. Nordstrom has excellent return policies as we have been told on this forum, but they really should not be selling items that have a damaged box and missing contents, no matter how minor.

If indeed these are returns, then Nordstrom should have refused the return as the item as it looks to be an abuse of their return policy. Did the boots show signs of wear when you received them ?

They don't refuse any returns at the end of the day. Maybe taken out of the rotation but I digress. I'd say the shoe was tried on, maybe walked around the house. One toe box had a crease and there were a few minor marks that aren't unusual compared to other firsts I've seen in this thread. The sole had definitely not been used outside. I would chalk the crease up to manifacturing if it weren't for the horrendously beat up and cut box and missing items. I wore them to work yesterday just assuming the tag and cloth were no longer standard.

I contacted nordstrom just hoping to get the missing things. It was a good deal so I was fine with the blemishes but as a completist the missing things would have bothered me. To my surprise she just offered to send a completely new pair. I made sure she understood my pair was worn outside, even offered to send the unworn pair back in the old box but she insisted that I get an entirely new pair. Insanely great customer service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads